Despite being delivered a perfect score by judges, Simone Biles was still voted off of Dancing With The Stars on Monday night.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to the Los Angeles Times, after performing two new dances-—Faith” by Stevie Wonder, featuring Ariana Grande and a rumba to “Skyscraper” by Demi Lovato—it appeared that Biles wowed judges who awarded her the maximu of 40 points each for a total of a whopping 80 points for the night.
The five-time Olympic gold medalist beat out Fifth Harmony stunner Normani Kordei, NFL running back Rashad Jennings and two-time World Series champ David Ross. But sadly that wasn’t enough to help her reach the season finale.
Apparently the show’s fans may have turned on her given her quip last week. As we previously reported, in the show’s quarterfinals host Tom Bergeron asked Biles why she wasn’t smiling when the judges were handing down kind words.
Her response was priceless: “Smiling doesn’t win you gold medals.”
Last week Biles told Entertainment Tonight that she has struggled to connect with the judges throughout the season.
“I feel like everyone has their own opinion, clearly, and I feel it’s just how you take it,” she said. “I feel like I am trying, I am being honest, but if they don’t see that, I don’t know what more I can do.”
And while Biles was stoic taking in the judges criticisms during the show, she felt differently on the inside when it was happening.
“I had tears in my eyes,” she said. “I almost ran to the bathroom at one point, but I pulled it together.”
When reflecting on her time on the show Biles said the experience was “scary.”
“I think it’s just bringing out the emotional side because I’ve never had to do that before. If I was emotional, it was behind closed doors. But this is in front of all of America,” she recently told US Weekly about working with pro Sasha Farber. “It’s a bit scary.”
She also talked about the anxiety of performing in front of millions.
“Yeah, sometimes it is hard, but you try not to think of it,” Biles. “But sometimes you go back to what you’re used to and muscle memory and not showing [emotion]. That gets you.”
Here’s what we know: Champion or not, Simone you are always a winner in our hearts!
Simone Biles’ Best Instagram Moments [PHOTOS]
1. Simone shows off her medalsSource:Instagram 1 of 28
2. Simone is hyped for her Saturday morning practiceSource:Instagram 2 of 28
3. Just relaxin’Source:Instagram 3 of 28
4. The moment the US women’s gymnastics team became world championsSource:Instagram 4 of 28
5. That moment when Simone became the Female Olympic Athlete of the YearSource:Instagram 5 of 28
6. The perks of being sponsored by Coke…well almost. Simone says’s she’ll stick to water.Source:Instagram 6 of 28
7. Simone on set with Vogue MagazineSource:Instagram 7 of 28
8. Even Simone eats pizza too!Source:Instagram 8 of 28
9. Sister, sisterSource:Instagram 9 of 28
10. The US team at the 2016 Pac Rim ChampionshipsSource:Instagram 10 of 28
11. Simone goes tumbling over her protein powderSource:Instagram 11 of 28
12. How Simone spends Mother’s DaySource:Instagram 12 of 28
13. The last Team USA campfire before the OlympicsSource:Instagram 13 of 28
14. Beach day!Source:Instagram 14 of 28
15. This is how Simone takes a rest daySource:Instagram 15 of 28
16. Breakfast of champions: Special KSource:Instagram 16 of 28
17. Simone kills it at the 2016 P+G ChampionshipsSource:Instagram 17 of 28
18. But there’s more work to do in the gym before RioSource:Instagram 18 of 28
19. Simone throws the first pitch for the Houston Astros in her signature styleSource:Instagram 19 of 28
20. The US Olympic team trials. We know what happened here!Source:Instagram 20 of 28
21. Simone shows just how strong she is by climbing the ropeSource:Instagram 21 of 28
22. The amount of tape a gymnast needs to compete at the OlympicsSource:Instagram 22 of 28
23. Behind the scenes are the 2016 Rio OlympicsSource:Instagram 23 of 28
24. More patriotic leotards from the US women’s gymnastics teamSource:Instagram 24 of 28
25. Simone at the 2016 Rio OlympicsSource:Instagram 25 of 28
26. Simone called this picture “podium training”…these girls are coming for gold!Source:Instagram 26 of 28
27. Fun time out of the gym for the US women’s gymnastics teamSource:Instagram 27 of 28
28. Simone heads to qualifiers where she will smash the competitionSource:Instagram 28 of 28