Last week Rihanna praised her Met Ball attire now songstress Erykah Badu is singing Zendaya’s praises after a spot on “Lip Sync Battle” performance of Badu’s 1997 hit, “Tyrone.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
“@Zendaya, why you snap like that?” Badu replied in response to a fan’s post of the performance on Twitter.
It wasn’t enough to tear down the stage with Bruno Mars’ hit, “24K Magic” because Zendaya evoked peak queendom by lip-syncing Badu’s anthem on how to rid yourself of a “good for nothing boyfriend.”
Cloaked in army fatigue with a head tribal print head wrap, Zendaya flawlessly glided across the stage with an effortless cool.
As the song progressed, Zendaya worked the crowd with a carefree attitude, while hosts LL Cool J, Chrissy Teigen and her “Spiderman: Homecoming” co-star, Tom Holland, mouthed the lyrics in the background.
Watch the full video for the magic above.
Red Carpet Rundown: 2017 MTV Movie Awards
1. Yara ShahidiSource:Getty 1 of 8
2. Taraji P. HensonSource:Getty 2 of 8
3. ZendayaSource:Getty 3 of 8
4. Issa RaeSource:Getty 4 of 8
5. Tracee Ellis RossSource:Getty 5 of 8
6. Yvonne OrjiSource:Getty 6 of 8
7. Jay EllisSource:Getty 7 of 8
8. Big Sean & Jhene AikoSource:Getty 8 of 8
Erykah Badu Stans Out For Zendaya’s “Tyrone” Performance On “Lip Sync Battle” [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com