Brandy Rusher, a former contestant on season four of America’s Next Top Model, was critically shot in Houston on Sunday. She is reportedly listed in intensive care.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to TheDailyMail, a gunman, with a semiautomatic rifle, opened fire on the Haverstock Hill apartments complex after an argument ensued between the victims.
Two men died and four others were shot in the incident.
Apparently the complex has been plagued with violence. A neighbor who witnessed the shooting told KHOU,
“I heard the first round and just took off running. She added, “Whoa! And you could hear, I could hear those shells dropping to the ground. He, he, he just shot them down like puppies in the street.”
Only one of the victims, Christopher Beatty, has been identified.
Celebrating Fashion's Biggest Supermodels
1. Cynthia BaileySource:AP 1 of 19
2. Jessica White was discovered at age 13 and landed her first job modeling for Vogue.2 of 19
3. Tyson Beckford is an American fashion model best known for his days on the Ralph Lauren runway.3 of 19
4. Selita Ebanks is a Cayman born British model and actress best known for her days as a Victoria's Secret Angel.4 of 19
5. Kimora Lee Simmons is a former fashion model. She began her career at age 14 with a modeling contract with Chanel.5 of 19
6. Jourdan Dunn was discovered in 2006 and became the first black woman to walk the Prada runway in 2008.6 of 19
7. Eva Marcille is a fashion model who is best known for winning the third cycle of America's Next Top Model.7 of 19
8. Bre Scullark is signed to Ford models and is known for her time spent on America's Next Top Model.8 of 19
9. Naomi Sims began her career as the first Black supermodel. (Photo: EURweb.com)9 of 19
10. Beverly Johnson made history when she appeared on the cover of Vogue. (AP)10 of 19
11. Businesswoman, actress and model Iman was a favorite with top designers. (AP)11 of 19
12. Tyra Banks was the first Black to grace the cover of S.I. (AP)12 of 19
13. Supermodel Naomi Campbell began modeling at the age of 15. (AP)13 of 19
14. Sudanese supermodel Alek Wek was discovered when she was 18. (AP)14 of 19
15. Ethiopian born model Liya Kebede has had a very successful career as model. (AP)15 of 19
16. Joan Smalls ranked #2 model in the world according to models.com. (AP)16 of 19
17. Model Sessilee Lopez has a Dominican and Portuguess background. (AP)17 of 19
18. Roshumba also appreared in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. (AP)18 of 19
19. Chanel ImanSource:Instagram 19 of 19