Love & Hip Hop star Yandy Smith is giving out lessons for free on natural hair. Her student is Tyrese, who caused quite a stir this past week when he ranted about how women choose to present their bodies. “We know the difference between real hair and clip ons,” he said. “Sitting across from you and you couldn’t even HIDE your weave tracks??” He declares, “US REAL MEN SEE THE BULLSH*T.” You can read his full post below.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Well many folks rightfully dragged Tyrese for his comments and Yandy Smith also added her thoughts. When asked about Tyrese’s words in a BET.com Facebook Live interview, Smith proclaimed, “I personally love my weave.” She further argues that though she loves her natural hair too, weaves allow her to be “versatile”, and even “protects and preserves” her natural hair in many cases. She elaborates, “You know I don’t like to straighten my hair, my hair is completely natural and curly. So when I straighten it all the time it changes that curl pattern, so to put a unit on, really quickly Tyrese, it helps, it helps conserve my natural hair. And I like to be versatile.”
Lesson number one, Tyrese! Hopefully, he learned something.
Celebrities Showing Off Their Real Hair Without Weave (PHOTOS)
1. Nicki Minaj shows off her nautral hair1 of 12
2. Beyonce's pixie hair2 of 12
3. Gabby Union shows off her hang time3 of 12
4. Beyonce's real hair pixie4 of 12
5. Tyra Banks tweeted a bare photo showing off her real hair with no makeup5 of 12
6. Nicki Minaj shows off her long pony6 of 12
7. Porscha Stewart shows off her locks7 of 12
8. Oh hey Angela!8 of 12
9. Keke Palmer was wild and free9 of 12
10. Another snap of Angela, this time with a big natural fro10 of 12
11. Taraji P. Henson ditched her short weave to show off her long hair11 of 12
12. Hey Nicki!12 of 12
Yandy Smith Claps Back At Tyrese For Saying Women Shouldn’t Wear Weaves was originally published on globalgrind.com