Right as she is gearing up to release her new album, Mary J. Blige has also found herself in the middle of a divorce, one that appears to be getting messier by the day. Not only has the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul decided to end her long marriage to her former manager Kendu Issacs, but she is also dealing with his increasing demands for spousal support that would see Blige forking over millions if a judgment is ruled in his favor.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
However there is one thing that all Mary J. Blige fans know…she is a survivor. She certainly won’t let a messy breakup bring her down, after all she’s had to deal with it before. Remember the drama surrounding her relationship and subsequent breakup with Jodeci frontman K-Ci? While promoting her forthcoming album and new single Thick Of It, Blige gave a recent interview where she was refreshingly honest about all of the drama she’s currently going through. The Grio has further details regarding Mary’s thoughts on the couple’s split.
Via The Grio:
In a recent interview with a British television program, Mary J. Blige opened up about her very public divorce to estranged husband Kendu Isaacs, describing the split as “horrible.”
“I’m in the thick of it. I’m in the middle of a divorce that’s everywhere (in the news). It’s just how hard life is. It’s the pain, it’s the lawyers, it’s the ‘this,’ it’s the ‘that…’Not even knowing someone that you thought you knew for years is horrible,” said Blige, who filed for divorce in July after 13 years of marriage.
Despite the painful breakup, the singer says she’s trying to look on the bright side of things. “There’s hope in it as well, because I have to keep the joy so I can live and survive. I can’t just die with all the sadness, that’s why I’m here because I kept my joy,” she said. “In spite of my pain and crying and releasing everything onstage to my fans and us healing together, I kept my joy.”
There is no doubt that Mary will come out of this situation on top, stronger than ever and the best part is that she will definitely bless us with an amazing album that is sure to be in heavy rotation.
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs
1. Mike EppsSource:PR Photos 1 of 19
2. Dwayne WadeSource:PR 2 of 19
3. Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Honsou3 of 19
4. Usher and Tameka Raymond were once married...but as we know, it didn't work out.4 of 19
5. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey5 of 19
6. Mashonda Tifrere was once married to Swizz Beatz.6 of 19
7. Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose7 of 19
8. Kimora and Russell Simmons8 of 19
9. Tamar Braxton & Vincent filed for divorce9 of 19
10. Janet Jackson has been divorced...twice.Source:AP) 10 of 19
11. 'All My Children' star and current guest star on 'Power' Debbi Morgan has been married...and divorced four times.11 of 19
12. Eric Benet was married to and divorced from Halle Berry. Now they are both married to other people.12 of 19
13. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.13 of 19
14. And we thought it would last - Evelyn Lozada and Ocho Cinco.14 of 19
15. Yup, Shaunie really was a basketball wife, she was married to Shaquille O'Neal.15 of 19
16. Allen and Tawanna Iverson are legally divorced, but have apparently reconciled, although they haven't remarried.16 of 19
17. Not quite divorced yet, but the papers have been filed and it's been finalized...but will Khloe and Lamar go through with it?17 of 19
18. Gina Torres & Laurence Fishburne were officially divorced in October of 201718 of 19
19. Jill Scott19 of 19
Check out today’s Top Stories here: