Just when it seemed that things had quieted down in the never-ending battle between exes Ciara and Future, things have sparked up again today in the $15 million dollar defamation lawsuit that she filed against him. Apparently, it’s going to be a much harder uphill battle for the R&B singer to prove that Future defamed her because a judge just ruled that his tweets alone are not enough to move forward.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Back when Future was Twitter ranting about Ciara in a less than flattering way, she slapped him with the multimillion dollar lawsuit to shut him up and stop it from happening again. There hasn’t been much press around the lawsuit since then until today when it was revealed that things are not going in Ciara’s favor. TMZ has the details of this latest development that is sure to cause a stir between the two.
Ciara‘s $15 million lawsuit against Future is going to be more of an uphill battle for her … after the judge just ruled the rapper’s angry tweets alone aren’t enough to prove Ciara’s been damaged.
The exes are locked in a nasty suit — with Ciara claiming Future ruined her image as a mother and a singer. However, a judge ruled Wednesday the tweets … including gems like, “this bitch got control problems” … aren’t libelous on their face.
It means, Ciara will have to offer up more evidence as to how her career has been damaged since Future’s Twitter rant. The issue still for Future, there’s still a count of libel and distortion left in the case … which could hang him out to dry.
All is not lost for Ciara though, she still has a chance to win her lawsuit in court, but she will have to serve up more concrete evidence. However given the nasty history between these two, expect a social media post of subliminals from either party any day now.
A Page From Ciara’s Playbook: Celebs Who Waited To Have Sex
1. Tamera Mowry was a virgin until she married Adam Housley in 2011.Source: 1 of 10
2. Jordin Sparks vowed to wait until marriage to sex, but that all changed when she met Jason Derulo.Source: 2 of 10
3. Jessica Simpson was a virgin when she married Nick Lachey. The pair divorced in 2006 and both have kids of their own now.Source: 3 of 10
4. Khloe Kardashian often spoke about how Lamar Odom made her wait until they were married to have sex—lucky for her, their courtship was brief.Source: 4 of 10
5. Nick Cannon once revealed that he and Mariah Carey waited until they were married.Source: 5 of 10
6. The Jonas Brothers all took a vow of abstinence when they were teens. Now Kevin is married with a kid, and Nick admitted that growing up changed his mind on the matter. Joe Jonas has even claimed to have lost his virginity to Miley Cyrus.Source: 6 of 10
7. Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake both claimed to be virgins back when they were dating. Years later, Justin admitted that it was for the public.Source: 7 of 10
8. Meagan Good and preacher DeVon Franklin abstained until marriage.Source: 8 of 10
9. Victoria’s Secret model Adriana Lima apparently waited to have sex before marrying basketball player Marko Jarić in 2009.Source: 9 of 10
10. Selena Gomez spoke openly about her vow of abstinence back in the day, but has often alluded to losing her virginity to Justin Bieber.Source: 10 of 10
Check out today’s Top Stories here:
Future’s Tweets Not Enough For Ciara’s $15 Million Defamation Suit was originally published on hellobeautiful.com