Just when you though the long-standing beef/feud/drama/pettiness between Brandy and Monica had come to an end, today another installment in the saga emerged. Coming on the heels of Monica’s appearance on the season premiere of The Real where she spoke of how she felt about Brandy response to not joining the #SoGoneChallenge of her 2003 hit song, Brandy released her own response today that is heavy on the subliminals, but definitely manages to get her point across.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
When Monica proclaimed that she was “unbothered” by Brandy’s remark of “chile bye” in response to a fan’s question about whether or not she would engage in the #SoGoneChallenge that showcased the timeless appeal of Monica’s 2003 hit, many assumed the issue was dead. Well Brandy, never one to let comments at her expense go by unnoticed, took to her Snapchat to let fans know how she felt about it.
In the series of Snapchat videos, Brandy can be heard saying that she responds to being attacked by being positive and that even though people are shady and say shady things, she takes the high road.
You can check out the full VIDEO of Brandy’s response below:
Unfortunately, something tells me that this is far from over, as both ladies have maintained a strained frenemy relationship for almost 20 years now. Perhaps they can just wish each other well…from a distance.
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Brandy, Kendall Jenner, Kanye West, & More
1. Look at that! Kanye West cracked a small smile for the paparazzi as he got into his ride at LAX.Source:Splash News 1 of 10
2. Relationship Goals. Jay Z and Beyonce left their NYC office together after a hard day of running the world.Source:Splash News 2 of 10
3. Phoebe Price has really nice...earrings. Her dog's name is Henry and they are in Beverly Hills, because we know you really like looking at the dog.Source:Splash News 3 of 10
4. Brandy has a heart of gold. Here she is taking a selfie with one of the kids from the Precious Dreams Foundation. The Broadway star provided comfort items and motivational words to NYC Homeless Youth this week. What a way to give back.Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. Lena Dunham, this picture should be a poster for zero phucks given. She's just drinking green juice and writing million dollar scenes on her MacBook in Soho while filming "Girls."Source:Splash News 5 of 10
6. Uncle Snoop hit that get down low pose while performing in Naples at Arenile Beach.Source:Splash News 6 of 10
7. The always gorgeous Tinashe kept it casual as she left Brooklyn's Barclays Center last night after attending Nicki Minaj's concert with Lil Wayne.Source:Splash News 7 of 10
8. Kim's baby bump is on fleek in Beverly Hills. She's finally starting to show.Source:Splash News 8 of 10
9. Kendall Jenner didn't cover her face this time, as the paps caught her leaving the studio after filming her part for "Keeping Up with the Kardashians."Source:Splash News 9 of 10
10. There wasn’t a dry eye in the room, as Brandy shared her very personal struggles and stressed the importance of staying and thinking positive while giving back with the help of the Precious Dreams Foundation.Source:Getty 10 of 10
Check out today’s Top Stories here: