Another year, another XXL Freshman Class.
The hip-hop magazine maintains that picking this year’s class was just as tough as in previous years, but they managed to come to a conclusion that’s a pretty accurate picture of today’s rap climate.
Dave East, Lil Yachty, G.O.O.D Music’s Desiigner, Denzel Curry, G Herbo, Lil Uzi Vert, Anderson .Paak, 21 Savage, Lil Dicky, and Kodak Black were all selected by the magazine’s staff. One big thing ismissing from this year’s class: There are no women in it.
Last year’s cover featured Tink, Shy Glizzy, K Camp, Raury Goldlink, OG Maco, Vince Staples, DeJ Loaf, Fetty Wap, and fan-voted freshman Kidd Kidd. With all things considered, everyone on last year’s list had a pretty solid 2015, with Fetty Wap being the breakout star.
Congratulations to all the artists who made this year’s freshman cover. Stay locked for their forthcoming freestyles.
16 Artists To Watch In 2016
1. NAOSource:NAO / Soundcloud 1 of 10
2. BellySource:Roc Nation 2 of 10
3. Alessia CaraSource:Alessia/ Meredith Trux 3 of 10
4. Cool AmerikaSource:Alliance Music Group 4 of 10
5. Eryn Allen KaneSource:Eryn Kane 5 of 10
6. Tory LanezSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. KamaiyahSource:Kamaiyah/ BMG Records 7 of 10
8. Anderson .PaakSource:Getty 8 of 10
9. PNB RockSource:PNB Rock/ Atlantic Records 9 of 10
10. AbraSource:Abra / Awful Records 10 of 10
PHOTO CREDIT: XXL