Jamal Bryant, pastor of Empowerment Temple Church in Northwest Baltimore, is under fire after rumors of him fathering a boy out of wedlock resurfaced this week.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Reports say Bryant had a sexual relationship with a woman by the name of Latoya Shawntee Odom, whom he asked to get an abortion after she got pregnant, but she refused and gave birth to a boy in July 2015. DNA results are swirling the internet (see here) and according to the docs Bryant is 99.9 percent the father. Allegedly.
This isn’t the first time Bryant’s faced heat for sexual misconduct.
In 2008, he and his ex wife Gizelle filed for divorce from each other. Christian Post reports:
Gizelle accused Bryant in court papers of adultery, cruel treatment and “excessively vicious conduct” that caused “reasonable apprehension of bodily suffering so as to render cohabitation unsafe.” Bryant and his ex-wife have three children together while he fathered two other children before that marriage. One of those children, he only acknowledged after an issue over his child support payments erupted in a court battle.
Bryant was able to remain in his position at the church because no one came forward to the African Methodist Episcopal community with any complaints, according to Christian Post.
The resurfacing of news come shortly after the announcement of a new trial run, faith-based talk show coming to Fox called The Pastors, in which Bryant will serve as a co-host.
Gospel Stars On Reality TV [PHOTOS]
1. Natalie GrantSource: 1 of 14
2. Willie Moore Jr.Source: 2 of 14
3. Michelle WilliamsSource: 3 of 14
4. Deitrick HaddenSource: 4 of 14
5. Ben TankardSource: 5 of 14
6. David and Tamela MannSource: 6 of 14
7. Mary MarySource: 7 of 14
8. Dr. Bobby Jones Jr.Source: 8 of 14
9. Kim BurrellSource: 9 of 14
10. Kierra SheardSource: 10 of 14
11. Karen Clark SheardSource: 11 of 14
12. Yolanda AdamsSource: 12 of 14
13. Donnie McclurkinSource: 13 of 14
14. Kirk FranklinSource: 14 of 14
SOURCE: Christian Post | PHOTO: Getty
Jamal Bryant Under Fire Again For Sexual Misconduct was originally published on 92q.com