Prince’s untimely passing, at the age of 57, has brought out a ton of opinions, revelations, and blasts from the past. One of the individuals to come forward with allegations against Prince, is Irish singer Sinead O’Connor. As we reported, the singer made a statement on Facebook alleging Prince was a “longtime hard drug user” who got his supply from “Arsenio Hall.”
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
“Arsenio I’ve reported you to the Carver County [Sheriff’s] office,” she said in the May 3 post. “Expect their call. They are aware you spiked me years ago at Eddie [Murphy’s] house. You best get tidying your man cave.”
Almost immediately, Hall filed a $5 million defamation lawsuit against her, claiming O’Connor is a “desperate attention-seeker.” Hall, who was friends with Prince for years, has never been accused of drug abuse or addiction.
In court documents obtained by Us Weekly, the lawsuit states that the Irish singer is “well known for her media antics and for seeking attention through inflammatory Facebook posts.”
But apparently O’Connor is unfazed by the lawsuit, jumping on Facebook once again to make a statement. “Regarding Arsenio Hall’s laughable threats,” she titled the May 6 post. “I’m more amused than I’ve ever dreamed a person could be and look forward very much to how hilarious it will be watching him trying to prove me wrong.”
Prince was said to be strict about his health —allegedly never consuming alcohol or drugs, and being vegan. But on April 21, he was found dead with painkillers in possession, according to NBC News. He was also allegedly scheduled to meet with a doctor the next day about painkiller addiction. The U.S. Attorney’s Office and the Drug Enforcement Administration are now involved in the ongoing investigation.
As noted by longtime friend and ex-fiance Sheila E., Prince was in pain for years due to his performances. “I mean, you think about all the years he was jumping off those risers,” she told Entertainment Tonight. “They were not low — they were very, very high –and to jump off that… He was in pain all the time, but he was a performer.”
ET also noted that Prince had the flu that turned into walking pneumonia before his death, and he was also dealing with a previous hip injury, and potentially Percocet use.
The world can only wait and see the autopsy report, but it’s incredibly sad how salacious his passing has gotten.
The Beautiful Ones: Prince & His Famous Friends (PHOTOS)
1. Prince and Beyonce at the 46th Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource: 1 of 13
2. Misty Copeland with Prince on his ‘Welcome 2 America’ tourSource: 2 of 13
3. Sheila E and Prince reunite at the 2007 NCLR ALMA AwardsSource: 3 of 13
4. Prince presents an award to Halle Berry 42nd Annual NAACP Image AwardsSource: 4 of 13
5. Prince presents an award to Beck at the 57th Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource: 5 of 13
6. Prince and Mary J. Blige sing it out at the 2012 iHeartRadio Music FestivalSource: 6 of 13
7. Prince and Chaka Khan hug at the 2010 BET AwardsSource: 7 of 13
8. Prince joins the stage with Alicia Keys at the 50th Annual GRAMMY AwardsSource: 8 of 13
9. Prince and Stevie wonder hit the stage together at the 6th Annual BET AwardsSource: 9 of 13
10. Mariah Carey, Patti LaBelle and Prince join hands at the Apollo Theater 75th Anniversary GalaSource: 10 of 13
11. Prince singing with his protégée Sheena EastonSource: 11 of 13
12. Prince performs with Rosie Gaines in AustraliaSource: 12 of 13
13. Prince presents an award to The Weeknd at the 2015 American Music AwardsSource: 13 of 13
Sinead O’Connor Claps Back At Arsenio Hall’s Defamation Lawsuit was originally published on hellobeautiful.com