NewsOne’s PolitickerOne blog tackles some of the most important topics in politics: Election 2016, moves by the Obama administration, voting rights, lawmaking, and the way that elected officials represent our communities. Three times a week, we will go beyond the mainstream media’s “pack” coverage of politics to highlight the underreported aspects of how politics and policy affect you and the people you care about. In between, follow the conversation on Twitter at #PolitickerOne.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The incident occurred Saturday evening when Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton made a surprise visit to the Inner Circle dinner, an annual black-tie affair for the city’s press corps, lobbyists and lawmakers, according to The New York Times:
“Thanks for the endorsement, Bill,” Mrs. Clinton said to Mr. de Blasio, a former aide to Mrs. Clinton when she was a senator from New York who nonetheless dallied in supporting her. “Took you long enough.”
“Sorry, Hillary,” Mr. de Blasio said. “I was running on C.P. time,” a reference to the stereotype “Colored People Time,” which drew some cringes from the audience.
Hamilton actor Leslie Odom Jr, who is black and appeared to be in on the joke, interrupted: “That’s not — I don’t like jokes like that, Bill.”
Mrs. Clinton jumped in. “Cautious politician time. I’ve been there,” she said.
Last week, Bill Clinton stirred up controversy when he lectured Black Lives Matter protesters who interrupted one of his campaign speeches in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The activists also condemned then-first lady Hillary Clinton for a 1996 speech about violent crime committed by young people, during which she called them “super-predators.” They also complained about Bill Clinton’s 1994 crime bill.
Apparently, someone forgot to tell the Clintons that the Black community no longer needs them as surrogates after Barack Obama was twice elected president. We hope word reaches them soon, because the community is tired of their condescension. And de Blasio, who is married to a Black woman, should know better. Sound off in the comments…
A Fashionable Timeline Of Hillary Clinton's Awesome Pantsuits (PHOTOS)
1. Sept. 1996: Hillary always kept it classy in the White House.Source:Getty 1 of 24
2. Sept. 1996: Back in the day, the potential presidential nominee was rocking the cutest skirt sets.Source:Getty 2 of 24
3. April 1999: Even former French prime minister Jaques Chirac loved Hillary and her bright numbers.Source:Getty 3 of 24
4. June 2000: Hillary rang in the summer with a traditional pantsuit in New York.Source:Getty 4 of 24
5. Nov. 2000: Hillary and daughter Chelsea arrive in Vietnam in mother/daughter pantsuits.5 of 24
6. Oct. 2000: Hillary raised the flare (and her collar) at the 2001 Vogue Awards.Source:Getty 6 of 24
7. August 2003: Hillary cracks a few jokes about her pantsuits during a visit to The Jay Leno Show.Source:Getty 7 of 24
8. March 2004: Hillary showed off her pastel look during the More Alpha Woman Awards.Source:Getty 8 of 24
9. June 2004: Hillary's lighter looks were always welcoming, but the lace embroidered pattern was a standout during an appearance with Bill Clinton in New York.Source:Getty 9 of 24
10. June 2005: Hillary made the switch to bold and brighter pantsuits in 2005.Source:Getty 10 of 24
11. 2006: Even her Madame Tussaud wax figure rocked an awesome pantsuit!Source:Getty 11 of 24
12. January 2007: Hillary switched up her pantsuits during her campaign run for President.Source:Getty 12 of 24
13. June 2008: Hillary conceded her campaign for president in style.Source:Getty 13 of 24
14. May 2009: Blue is definitely Hillary's color!Source:Getty 14 of 24
15. June 2010: Hillary brought back her pastel look for old time's sake.Source:Getty 15 of 24
16. July 2011: Hillary switched up her look with this patterned blazer look.Source:Getty 16 of 24
17. August 2011: "The thing about pantsuits is..."Source:Getty 17 of 24
18. February 2012: Hillary & Amy Poehler hang out and bond..over pantsuits, of course.Source:Getty 18 of 24
19. November 2012: Hillary knows what colors work for her. This orange number is it!Source:Getty 19 of 24
20. October 2012: Hillary knows how to rock a blazer.Source:Getty 20 of 24
21. During her appearance at the Human Rights Campaign in 2012, Hillary keeps it traditional in this classic pantsuit.Source:Getty 21 of 24
22. June 2013: Hillary kept it classy at the CDFA ceremony.Source:Getty 22 of 24
23. May 2013: Hillary's pantsuits have really evolved through the years, are we right?Source:Getty 23 of 24
24. April 2014: We can't wait to see more of her stylish pantsuits in the future.Source:Getty 24 of 24
SOURCE: New York Times | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
Hillary Clinton & Mayor De Blasio Slammed Over CP Time Joke [VIDEO] was originally published on newsone.com