Donald Trump‘s 42-year-old campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, is facing a simple assault charge after he reportedly grabbed a reporter who tried to ask the candidate a question at an event in March in Jupiter, Florida, according to USA Today.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Michelle Fields, a Breitbart reporter who was attending an event on March 8 at Trump National Golf Club, said Lewandowski grabbed her left arm and pulled her back, notes a complaint filed by the Jupiter Police Department, which released a video of the incident, the publication writes:
The motion “cleared a path for Lewandowski to walk past Fields, allowing him to ‘catch up’ and get closer to Trump, who was walking during this entire incident,” the police report said.
An incredulous Trump immediately took to Twitter to defend his staffer and express outrage over the charge.
Lewandowski has denied the charge, which came on the same night Trump won major victories in Michigan and other states.
He is scheduled to appear in court on May 4 in connection with the battery charge, a misdemeanor, writes the news outlet.
This comes on the same day that CNN hosted a town hall ahead of Tuesday’s early primary voting in Wisconsin. But Trump threatened to pull out of the event Tuesday over what he called “one-sided and unfair reporting,” reports Politico:
Trump and his Republican rivals, Ted Cruz and John Kasich, are set to appear at the town hall in Milwaukee on Tuesday evening moderated by CNN’s Anderson Cooper.
But the Republican front-runner appeared to be upset early Tuesday by the exposure his opponents were getting on the network.
“Wow, @CNN has nothing but my opponents on their shows,” he tweeted. “Really one-sided and unfair reporting. Maybe I shouldn’t do their town-hall tonight!”
We have no sympathy for Trump, who has gained so much mileage from television news appearances that he has barely had to spend money on advertising. He shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth. What do you think? Sound off in the comments.
Famous, Black, & Republican
1. Donnie McClurkin is a registered Republican.Source: 1 of 16
2. Condoleezza Rice is a registered Republican.Source: 2 of 16
3. Colin Powell served as U.S. Secretary of State under President George W. Bush.Source: 3 of 16
4. Stacey Dash supported Mitt Romney.Source: 4 of 16
5. Zora Neale Hurston was a supporter of the Republican Party for much of her life.Source: 5 of 16
6. 50 Cent is a registered Republican.Source: 6 of 16
7. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is a registered Republican.Source: 7 of 16
8. “Divorce Court” judge, Lynn Toler, is Black and Republican.Source: 8 of 16
9. Jimmie “JJ” Walker is a registered Republican.Source: 9 of 16
10. Sheryl Underwood is a registered Republican.Source: 10 of 16
11. Don King is a registered Republican.Source: 11 of 16
12. Karl Malone is a registered Republican.Source: 12 of 16
13. Bishop T.D. Jakes is a registered Republican.Source: 13 of 16
14. Joseph C. Phillips is a registered Republican.Source: 14 of 16
15. Wilt Chamberlain is a registered Republican.Source: 15 of 16
16. Greg Anthony supports Mitt Romney.Source: 16 of 16
Trump Campaign Manager Hit With Simple Battery Charge was originally published on newsone.com