Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Nick is known for having an amicable co-parenting situation with his ex-wife, Mariah Carey, so it was surprising when the entrepreneur dropped his new single, “Oh Well”.
First of all, is Nick rapping? Is he singing? Is he even sober? Over four minutes of struggle bars, the “Chi-Raq” actor goes into detail about a failed relationship.
“All you needed was a n—- with the money, cars and cribs,” he says. “I still feel bitter about it…You leaving the house. You f—ing that n—-, giving me a reason to bounce. Oh well.”
Nick’s “spoken word piece” also includes the lyrics, “She didn’t like when I was broke, but she missed the old me. Wait, girl – you got me confused.”
And “Baby girl, don’t cry. I won’t lie. Our relationship was a lie, but baby some die. I guess we parted, that’s all. Oh well.”
Since Nick hasn’t been romantically linked with anyone since his split from Mariah, many people have reported that the 35-year-old is jealous of his ex-wife and her new billionaire fiancé, James Packer.
Following the virality of the track, Nick went on a Twitter rant to deny that the song was about Mimi.
“How many times do I have to reiterate @MariahCarey and I are super cool! Stop trying to create negativity, we will never subscribe to it. We are both VERY happy and have both moved on, so all the outlets reaching for gossip, it’s not 2014 anymore…” he said.
“Like I have always said I will forever Respect and Love @MariahCarey and will never say anything negative about the mother of my children.”
20 Pictures Of Mariah Carey Back In The Day (PHOTOS)
1. Camera Ready.1 of 20
2. 20-year-old Mariah.2 of 20
3. Having A Vision Of Love.3 of 20
4. She. She Is Mariah.4 of 20
5. 1990 photoshoot with Frank Micelotta.5 of 20
6. Mariah's "Butterfly" Days.6 of 20
7. And the award goes to....7 of 20
8. Throwback Attack.8 of 20
9. Crop top chic.9 of 20
10. Mariah with the legendary Diana Ross.10 of 20
11. MiMi Bares Her Midriff.11 of 20
12. Mariah testing out her acting chops.12 of 20
13. Heartbreaker.13 of 20
14. Farrah Fawcett Flawless.14 of 20
15. Remember Name Belts & The Bandana Print Trend?15 of 20
16. Mariah On Stage With Queen Latifah & Stevie Wonder.16 of 20
17. Swoops & Stunna Shades.17 of 20
18. All American Girl.18 of 20
19. Cowgirl.19 of 20
20. Mariah in 2001.20 of 20
Did Nick Cannon Just Expose Mariah Carey And Her “Lies” On A New Diss Track? was originally published on hellobeautiful.com