What better way to apologize than to sing your way out of trouble? That’s exactly what 21-year-old Brian Earl Taylor decided to do when he appeared before a judge at the Washtenaw County Trial Court in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Taylor, who was facing sentencing after being convicted for unlawful imprisonment and carrying a concealed weapon, decided to address the court with a remixed version of Adele’s “Hello,” swapping out the UK singer’s lyrics for his own.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
“I’m gonna start with a song,” Taylor, a Belleville, Michigan, resident, said when he addressed the court.
“Hello, your honor,” Taylor sang.
“I want to say I’m sorry for the things I’ve done, and I try to be stronger in this life I’ve chosen,” Taylor sang. “But I want you to know, that door I closed, your honor. I’m sorry, sorry, sorry.”
At least one person knew that Taylor would burst into song at the March 10 hearing. One of his attorneys asked Judge Darlene O’Brien for permission before he showed off his musical skills. Judge O’Brien, finding Taylor’s lyrics “remorseful,” agreed to the antics.
“That was all his idea,” said Washtenaw County Assistant Public Defender Stephen Adams. “It was the way he could most comfortably tell her how he felt.”
It’s clear that Taylor — who was eventually sentenced to two years in a state prison for the gun charge and 18 months to 15 years for unlawful imprisonment — has talent. During the proceeding, Judge O’Brien even told the young man that she hopes he finds an appropriate way to use his voice and songwriting skills.
We hope so too. After all, anyone who goes through the trouble of rewriting one of the biggest hits in 2016 to apologize for his actions probably deserves a second chance.
Watch the video above and sound off below…
When We Were Young: 15 Photos Of Adele Throughout The Years
1. Still a 19-year-old on the rise.Source:Getty 1 of 15
2. The 20-year-old was finding her lane.Source:Getty 2 of 15
3. Yet to achieve success in the U.S., Adele was a force to be reckoned with in the UK.Source:Getty 3 of 15
4. Before snagging all of the major awards, Adele was just another nominee in attendance.Source:Getty 4 of 15
5. Finally, a Grammy for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.Source:Getty 5 of 15
6. Another one, Grammy for Best New Artist in 2009.Source:Getty 6 of 15
7. Her success in America was undeniable.Source:Getty 7 of 15
8. 21 was just starting production when Adele hit up the "Sex and the City" premiere.Source:Getty 8 of 15
9. After finishing her second album, Adele's look got a lot more grown and sexy.Source:Getty 9 of 15
10. Working on 21.Source:Getty 10 of 15
11. Following her throat surgery, Adele got back to work.Source:Getty 11 of 15
12. "Skyfall" received the Golden Globe for Best Original Song in 2013.Source:Getty 12 of 15
13. In 2012, Adele became the second female artist to win six awards in one night.Source:Getty 13 of 15
14. She surpassed the Beatles after her second album spent 16 weeks at the top of the US Billboard 200 chart.Source:Getty 14 of 15
15. 25 never looked so good.Source:Getty 15 of 15
SOURCE: ABC | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
Man Sings Remix Of Adele’s “Hello” To Apologize In Court [VIDEO] was originally published on newsone.com