This year, Beyoncé is coming back with a bang! It’s hard to imagine what more Queen Bey can accomplish after she broke the internet with her surprise album in December 2013.
With 46 Grammy nominations; 17 wins over 118 million albums sold as a solo artist, 60 million sold as a member of Destiny Child and over $300 million in ticket sales from On The Run and The Mrs. Carter World Tour; we wonder what more the 34-year-old has left to accomplish?
Besides her hilariously cute cameo on “Lip Sync Battle” with Channing Tatum in January, Bey has been pretty quiet in the past year.
As she prepares to do something magical during her second halftime performance at Super Bowl 50, Beyonce just did the unthinkable! She reportedly fired her entire management team which includes her cousin.
Here are the details via PageSix:
As the star prepares to perform with Coldplay at Sunday’s Super Bowl, we’ve learned that Beyoncé has split with her general manager of five years, Lee Anne Callahan-Longo.
Beyoncé is now working with Steve Pamon, who was JPMorgan Chase’s head of sports and entertainment marketing and masterminded the bank’s sponsorship of Queen Bey and Jay Z’s 2014 On the Run tour.
A source tells us, “Beyoncé basically cleaned house, got rid of her whole team, which included her cousin, and hired a new team. She wants to surround herself with business people who could take her career to an even higher level.” The insider added, “She has one album left to deliver before her deal is up with Columbia, plus she wants to make smarter decisions where it comes to touring, sponsorships and acting roles.”
Beyoncé brought Pamon over from JPMorgan Chase to her company, Parkwood Entertainment — which encompasses artist management, music production, tours, motion pictures, TV specials and apparel (as well as every facet of Beyoncé’s career ) — late last year. Former Universal Republic and Island Def Jam exec Peter Thea has also joined her team, along with Dan Ghosh-Roy, who heads up her digital operation.
Beyoncé’s rep, Yvette Noel-Schure, said in a statement: “Last year, Parkwood Entertainment created new departments and recruited new executives from the tech, business and entertainment sectors who joined the team to help grow Parkwood and its interests … Some senior staffers were given the opportunity to reposition and stay on. Some members … awakened [to] new interests and decided to follow personal routes.
“Lee Anne Callahan-Longo has worked with Beyoncé for the last 10 years. Their friendship supersedes business, and while she is no longer an employee of Parkwood, she will remain an imperative part of Beyoncé’s life.”
Welp! There you have it! We know Queen Bey wants to be known as a serious actress worthy of an Oscar, but did she have to fire her whole team to make it to the next level?
Beauties, do you think Beyonce is being disloyal to the team that’s held for down for the past decade or should there be no hard feelings when it comes to business?
Watch Blue Ivy Grow Up On Beyonce’s Instagram
1. Blue Ivy with her auntie SolangeSource:Instagram 1 of 37
2. So adorable.Source:Instagram 2 of 37
3. PlaytimeSource:Instagram 3 of 37
4. With daddy at the superbowlSource:Instagram 4 of 37
5. Hand in Hand.Source:Instagram 5 of 37
6. Texas girls.Source:Instagram 6 of 37
7. Mommy-daughter time.Source:Instagram 7 of 37
8. Up and up.Source:Instagram 8 of 37
9. Mirror, mirror.Source:Instagram 9 of 37
10. 11 months old and already in Vogue. Goals.Source:Instagram 10 of 37
11. Carter Girls.Source:Instagram 11 of 37
12. “Do you see this coat?!”Source:Instagram 12 of 37
13. A mother’s love.Source:Instagram 13 of 37
14. The Blueprint.Source:Instagram 14 of 37
15. On the run.Source:Instagram 15 of 37
16. Tour life.Source:Instagram 16 of 37
17. Way up.Source:Instagram 17 of 37
18. Beach is better.Source:Instagram 18 of 37
19. One with nature.Source:Instagram 19 of 37
20. “I don’t land at an airport, I call it the clearport.”Source:Instagram 20 of 37
21. MJ and Janet.Source:Instagram 21 of 37
22. Aunt and Uncle time.Source:Instagram 22 of 37
23. Christmas wishes.Source:Instagram 23 of 37
24. Valentine’s Day activities.Source:Instagram 24 of 37
25. History repeats itself!Source:Instagram 25 of 37
26. Hangin’ out in a garden.Source:Instagram 26 of 37
27. As fast as you can.Source:Instagram 27 of 37
28. Blue rocks bows in her pigtails with an adorable sundress.Source:Instagram 28 of 37
29. Making friends with a new pup.Source:Instagram 29 of 37
30. The ice cream truck is a must.Source:Instagram 30 of 37
31. Yacht life is a great life.Source:Instagram 31 of 37
32. A Blue cameo during Bey’s rehearsals.Source:Instagram 32 of 37
33. Flower child.Source:Instagram 33 of 37
34. “My favorite hue is Jay-Z Blue.”Source:Instagram 34 of 37
35. Hugged up with mommy Bey.Source:Instagram 35 of 37
36. Visiting the Frida Kahlo exhibition in NY.Source:Instagram 36 of 37
37. Halloween costume inspiration.Source:Instagram 37 of 37