The Bronx native garnered 1.8 million Instagram followers by delivering a comedic spin on her life as a New York City stripper. Her uncensored stories, outlandish antics, and crass clapbacks, along with her NYC-Dominican accent caught the attention of ratchet reality producer Mona Scott-Young, who tapped the 23-year-old as the next big star of VH1’s hit reality series Love & Hip-Hop: New York.
Cardi stopped by GlobalGrind’s offices to discuss her rise to fame, growing up poor, attending college, and the decision she made to become a stripper. Cardi also shared scary stories about the dangers of dancing, and how she harbored a lot of guilt for disappointing her family.
You can catch her each and every Monday on L&HH: NY on VH1 at 8 p.m. EST. Check out part one of our two-part interview with Cardi B up top.
10 Strippers You Should Know (PHOTOS)
1. Maliah Michel became famous after Drake shouted her out in 2009.1 of 10
2. Kash Doll is trying to get on as rapper, a la Trina and Eve.2 of 10
3. Last week, pictures of Justin Bieber sucking on Karolina's chest hit the Net.3 of 10
4. Bernice Burgos isn't even a stripper; she's a bottle girl. But she's so bad we threw her in this anyway.4 of 10
5. Dita Von Teese has been one of the most famous strippers in the world for years. She once dated rock star Marilyn Manson. Technically, she's a "burlesque dancer" and she's classy as f*ck.5 of 10
6. Sophia Body has one of the most appropriate names you'll hear.6 of 10
7. Jhonni Blaze made news last year when she allegedly had a miscarriage on stage while stripping.7 of 10
8. Cubana Lust is a model, stripper, owner of some mean curves.8 of 10
9. There's a lot of gems at Deelishis's Instagram: @iamsodeelishis She used to be on Flava of Love!9 of 10
10. Arianna is on the come up: follow her on Twitter @arianna_dd10 of 10
Cardi B Talks Stripper Shame, Tips For Keeping A Man & Disappointing Her Family [VIDEO] was originally published on globalgrind.com