Lark Voorhies, aka “she’ll always be Lisa Turtle to us,” is apparently no longer an African-American. She’s also no longer brown. The former Saved By The Bell star allegedly underwent a skin bleaching process and dyed her hair bleach blonde.
In the new photo caption, she wrote, “No, I am not black. I am American! I was born in America. I was not born in Africa, therefore I am not african. Africans are not african-americans! LV”
In another post, the 41-year-old appears a little darker than the first pic:
Whether she’s actually bleaching or just putting on a lot of filters, Lark isn’t the only one who said she’s not African-American recently. Raven-Symone and Taye Diggs have made similar comments as well.
In the past, Lark’s mother has claimed her daughter suffers from bipolar disorder.
15 Times Raven-Symone Was Undeniably Black (PHOTOS)
1. That Time When She Co-Starred On The Single Most Important Show About Black Families: "The Cosby Show."1 of 15
2. Actually Black.2 of 15
3. When She Showed Off Her #TeamNatural Afro. Key Term: Afro.3 of 15
4. Rapping With Da Brat.4 of 15
5. That's So Black.5 of 15
6. Showing Off Her Nikes For The 'Gram...Such A Black Thing To Do.6 of 15
7. Black Family Portrait.7 of 15
8. Raven Rockin' A Kufi.8 of 15
9. This...9 of 15
10. Rockin' These Modern-Day Cealie Dooky Plaits.10 of 15
11. Kufi & A BoomBox.11 of 15
12. That Time She Created This Beautiful Drawing Of An African Woman.12 of 15
13. This Whole Outfit Is African Inspired.13 of 15
14. That Time She Was Walking Around The Streets Of D.C. In A Floor-Length Fur...Looking Like Someone's Black Grandma.14 of 15
15. Terrible Black Fashion Circa 2003.15 of 15
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Instagram
Lark Voorhies Says She’s “Not Black,” Shows Off Lighter Face In New Instagram Pic was originally published on globalgrind.com