The Love & Hip Hop star has been dealing with a heavy drug trafficking case against him for over a year, and him and his new wife, Yandy Smith, have been waiting for closure.
While many have shown their sympathy for Yandy and the family, Mendeecees took to his Instagram to write his own response, which is quite inspiring.
The reality star hopes that his fate will serve as a wake-up call to others who may not be thinking of their long-term futures with their decision-making.
After surrendering last year, and then months later posting bond for $600,000, Mendeecees accepted a plea deal from the judge, lowering his sentence to 8-10 years. He was officially sentenced earlier today.
We are keeping the Harris family in our prayers, and hope they can make it through this time with positive thoughts.
10 Reality TV Power Couples (PHOTOS)
1. Cynthia Bailey & Peter ThomasSource:Getty Images 1 of 7
2. Heidi & SpencerSource:Getty Images 2 of 7
3. Erica Mena & Cyn SantanaSource:Getty 3 of 7
4. Lisa & Ken VanderpumpSource:Getty Images 4 of 7
5. T.I. & TinySource:Getty Images 5 of 7
6. NeNe & Greg LeakesSource:Getty Images 6 of 7
7. Tamar & VinceSource:Getty Images 7 of 7
PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram