Chrisette Michele’s is getting ready to spend a couple forevers with a very special man. Her road to Happily Ever After has been a rocky one that included a nasty lawsuit and an enchanted reconciliation.
A few weeks back, Chrisette hinted at a huge change in her life with a post on Instagram that suggested that she’d gotten engaged.
A peek over at her man Doug Ellison’s Instagram confirmed that he had indeed asked her to marry him.
But what about those ups and downs she was talking about? In a recent with The Scoop Reloaded, Chrisette revealed that things were once so bad between her and Doug that she sued him.
Chrisette initially met her fiance in music school, and sparks immediately flew. To top it off he had a vision for her career, but that’s where things went left.
“He said, give me a year, and I’ll have you signed to a major label,” Chrisette said. “He had about two weeks, and I was signed to Def Jam, so that was the beginning of our business relationship. Early on to the business relationship, things got crazy! If you’ve never read about it, if you’ve never heard about it, we were in the midst of a crazy, crazy lawsuit, litigation situation with each other, and we hadn’t spoken for literally seven years.”
Eventually, she left Def Jam to start her own label, Rich Hipster, which was acquired by Capital Records. That led her to reach out to the very man that she hauled into court, and it was as if no time had passed.
“I had fun with it, but I knew something was missing. I called Doug, and after speaking to him for only a couple of hours, we were inseparable again. It’s the craziest, weirdest thing because we had gone through all that together.”
And it didn’t take Doug long to make up for lost time! Most couples date for a while before talking marriage, but Chrisette and her boo couldn’t wait any longer than they already had.
“A few days into us talking again, he was like let’s go hang out in the studio,” Chrisette said, recalling that he lured her to the rooftop.
“There’s flower petals on the ground, the Empire State Building is in the background, and here he is, dropping down to one knee, and opening up a box,” she added. “I couldn’t do anything but scream and every kind of reaction I don’t think you’re suppose to have. I never cried, I just screamed, and screamed, and screamed.”
Now that Chrisette has calmed down she’s just starting to do some wedding planning.
“We haven’t decided on a wedding date. I know where I want to get married though. I want to get married at Oheka Castle in New York,” she shared. “That’s like a dream of mine.”
Check out her full chat below to find out who she may be inviting to her big day!
Chrisette Michele 7-30-15
1. Chrisette Michele performs LIVE in the Tom Joyner Morning Show StudiosSource: 1 of 31
2. Chrisette Michele talks with TJMS about her new musicSource: 2 of 31
3. chrisette-michelle-13 of 31
4. chrisette-michelle-24 of 31
5. chrisette-michelle-35 of 31
6. chrisette-michelle-46 of 31
7. chrisette-michelle-57 of 31
8. chrisette-michelle-68 of 31
9. chrisette-michelle-79 of 31
10. chrisette-michelle-810 of 31
11. chrisette-michelle-911 of 31
12. chrisette-michelle-1012 of 31
13. chrisette-michelle-1113 of 31
14. chrisette-michelle-1214 of 31
15. chrisette-michelle-1315 of 31
16. chrisette-michelle-1416 of 31
17. chrisette-michelle-1517 of 31
18. chrisette-michelle-1618 of 31
19. chrisette-michelle-1719 of 31
20. chrisette-michelle-1820 of 31
21. chrisette-michelle-1921 of 31
22. chrisette-michelle-2022 of 31
23. chrisette-michelle-2123 of 31
24. chrisette-michelle-2224 of 31
25. chrisette-michelle-2325 of 31
26. chrisette-michelle-2426 of 31
27. chrisette-michelle-2527 of 31
28. chrisette-michelle-2628 of 31
29. chrisette-michelle-2729 of 31
30. chrisette-michelle-2830 of 31
31. chrisette-michelle-2931 of 31
Bride-To-Be Chrisette Michele Shares Her Dramatic Love Story [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com