Linda, listen, Mary J. Blige just snatched all of our edges with her stunning costume. The queen of hip hop soul will star as Evilene, the Wicked Witch of the West, in NBC’s live production of The Wiz.
Whomever created this intricate work of art for Mary needs an Emmy Award for costume design because the attention to detail from the head piece down to the spikes in her boots is simply stunning.
Uzo Aduba, Queen Latifah and Common also have amazing, avante garde costumes for their roles in the reboot. Check out their photos below and let us know if you and your family will be watching The Wiz on December 3rd?
12 Photos Of Mary J. Blige Killing The Game Back In '92
1. Mary takes over the stage in her signature look.Source:Getty 1 of 11
2. The R&B goddess takes a stance at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.Source:Getty 2 of 11
3. How sweet does she look at the KMEL Summer Jam in 1992?Source:Getty 3 of 11
4. Mary J. & Joe Public win big at the New York Music Awards in '92.Source:Getty 4 of 11
5. Mary J. Blige is all smiles in a hoodie and curls.Source:Getty 5 of 11
6. Mary does her one, two-step while performing in '92.Source:Getty 6 of 11
7. She had a flawless smile, even back then.Source:Getty 7 of 11
8. Mary J. wins big at the 7th Annual New York Music Awards.Source:Getty 8 of 11
9. Show 'em who's queen.Source:Getty 9 of 11
10. Super Cat and Mary chill backstage at the New York Music Awards in '92.Source:Getty 10 of 11
11. Let's get 'em, queen!Source:Getty 11 of 11
Mary J. Blige, Uzo Aduba, Queen Latifah & Common Show Off “The Wiz” Costumes [PHOTOS] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com