Janet Jackson‘s Unbreakable is due next week, and soon, R&B fans will rejoice at the Queen of Pop’s return after seven years. After the release of “No Sleeep” and the title track, BBC Radio’s MistaJam dropped Unbreakable cut “Burnitup!” This one’s the track that features Missy Elliott, who’s clearly still in demand after the unanimously positive response to her Super Bowl performance.
The track revives the sense of funk Jackson explored during her Damita Jo days. Both rekindle a sense of excitement, but fans may not be all that onboard for Elliott’s weak “meow meow meow” line.
Janet Jackson's Most Unforgettable Moments
1. Janet's "Rhythm Nation" performance was nothing short of legendary.Source:Getty 1 of 9
2. The infamous "wardrobe malfunction" during the Super Bowl halftime show.Source:Getty 2 of 9
3. When she performed a moving tribute to brother Michael during the 2009 MTV VMAs.Source:Getty 3 of 9
4. The world first fell in love with Janet when she played Penny on "Good Times."Source:Getty 4 of 9
5. The reason why we're all calling them "Poetic Justice braids."Source:Getty 5 of 9
6. Who could forget her ultra sexy performance while accepting the MTV Icon Award?Source:Getty 6 of 9
7. The only thing better than Janet? Janet AND Michael, together.Source:Getty 7 of 9
8. The Rolling Stone magazine cover that stopped the world.Source:Instagram 8 of 9
9. 1990s fine.Source:Getty 9 of 9
READ MORE ON THE URBAN DAILY
Janet Jackson Drops Her Missy Elliott Collaboration “Burnitup!” [NEW MUSIC] was originally published on theurbandaily.com