Earlier this week, James Bond author, Anthony Horowitz set off a firestorm on social media after he boldly claimed that Idris Elba was “probably a bit too ‘street’ for Bond.” Idris caught word and responded tastefully on Instagram.
“Always Keep Smiling!! It takes no energy and never hurts! Learned that from the Street!!
Elba is a huge favorite to play the new James Bond, and fans were excited to see him become the first Black actor to land the coveted role. Since his comments surfaced, Horowitz has been berated on social media for his poor choice of words. But he claims he wasn’t calling out the actor because of his race.
“Idris Elba is a terrific actor, but I can think of other black actors who would do it better,” Horowitz said. The writer of the new Bond book, “Trigger Mortis,” has since issued an apology for his remark.
25 Photos Of Idris Elba, Because Why Not (PHOTOS)
1. Those eyes though.1 of 25
2. Hashtag makeup or no makeup, he's still hashtag fine.2 of 25
3. Like...3 of 25
4. ....4 of 25
5. !!!!5 of 25
6. Look at his pearly whites.6 of 25
7. #sorrynotsorry7 of 25
8. *winking face emoji*8 of 25
9. Tell us what's on your mind, Idris.9 of 25
10. Or don't.10 of 25
11. We'll just keep staring at you either way.11 of 25
12. How could we not?12 of 25
13. He's the light at the end of a very handsome tunnel.13 of 25
14. Right back atcha.14 of 25
15. Tall, dark and handsome. Holler.15 of 25
16. Ugh.16 of 25
17. He's picture perfect.17 of 25
18. Who knew getting a haircut could be such a beautiful experience?18 of 25
19. Oh, we see you.19 of 25
20. And those lips. We see them, too.20 of 25
21. SERIOUSLY?!21 of 25
22. *swoons*22 of 25
23. #THIRSTTRAP23 of 25
24. The man, the myth, the mustache24 of 25
25. Is this his ass? We're pretty sure this is his ass.....25 of 25
Idris Elba Responds To Bond Author With Classy Move From “The Street” was originally published on theurbandaily.com