Rich White Ladies‘ name is somewhat of an oxymoron. Scotty Rebel and Tokyo Diiva might be rich in a lot of areas, but they’re certainly not white. Backlash from the name is inevitable, but the unique duo give us their perspective.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
“We don’t have any concerns with our name being Rich White Ladies,” the pop duo said. “We own it.”
“People will have to accept it sooner or later,” they said. “They can go on Google and see what we’ve been doing and know that it’s original and not fake or fabricated.”
Watch the video to see Scotty and Tokyo talk more about the music, reuniting with each other three years ago, having a gay fanbase and more!
Get more of our hot interviews here and listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” weekdays from 6-10 a.m. EST!
RELATED: Why Rich White Ladies Is Not Your Average Ratchery [ORIGINAL]
RELATED: Rich White Ladies “Wimbledon” [MUSIC VIDEO]
RELATED: Rich White Ladies [PHOTOS]
Rich White Ladies [PHOTOS]
6 photos Launch gallery
1. Tokyo Diiva and Scotty Rebel of "Rich White Ladies"
1 of 6
2. Rich White Ladies in the music video for "Wimbledon"
2 of 6
3. Rich White Ladies
3 of 6
4. Rich White Ladies in the music video for "Wimbledon"
4 of 6
5. "Rich White Ladies" album cover
5 of 6
6. Tokyo Diiva and Scotty Rebel of "Rich White Ladies"
6 of 6
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Rihanna, Kourtney Kardashian, Kobe Bryant, & More
10 photos Launch gallery
1. Rihanna shows her grandfather some love at the 2015 Kadooment Day parade in Barbados.
1 of 10
2. The ladies showed Lewis Hamilton a good time at the 2015 Kadooment Day parade.
2 of 10
3. Mariah Carey dabbled in double denim for dinner with friends in Beverly Hills.
3 of 10
4. Kim Kardashian was laced in leather before touching down in New Orleans with friends.
4 of 10
5. Laverne Cox continues to put on at the "Ricki and the Flash" premiere in NYC.
5 of 10
6. Mason Disick accompanies his mom Kourtney Kardashian on a trip to TricoField in Beverly Hills.
6 of 10
7. Chrissy Teigen and John Legend rub their marital bliss in our faces outside of Craig's restaurant in Melrose.
7 of 10
8. Kobe Bryant promotes the NBA Hero mobile game all the way out in Shanghai.
8 of 10
9. Reese Witherspoon was spotted strolling up Melrose Place, and her bitchy resting face was on fleek.
9 of 10
10. Gigi Hadid does a high split and coiffed hair while assisting GUESS in launching its Spring 2015 collection.
10 of 10