Once again, the streets are buzzing with rumors that Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith are divorcing. No, it’s not from totally credible sources, but even Jada addressed some of the rumors swirling around the couple in a recent American Way (the magazine for American Airlines) article.
Marriages go through shifts and relationships go through shifts because in life things shift,” Pinkett Smith told the magazine. “So people are automatically like, “What’s going on? They must be getting a divorce.” Well, no. But when people feel those shifts and there’s a mystery, they have to fill it with something.”
Despite Pinkett Smith’s comments, Radar Online is reporting that the couple is divorcing amidst a $240 million settlement deal.
For Will and Jada, holding it together these past few years has been tough because their marriage has been on life support for a long time,” an insider told Radar.
“They’re exhausted from trying to maintain the façade of a happy union,” the source continued. “They’ve decided to pull the plug in a carefully choreographed manner, [and] agree announcing their split at the end of the summer is the right move.”
The A-listers have already “worked out a confidential settlement to protect their $240 million fortune, and prepare their kids [son Jaden, 17, and daughter Willow, 14] for the fallout,” said the insider.
Hinting at their split earlier this year, the Bad Boys stud, 46, admitted that their marriage had “died” during an interview. Meanwhile, Pinkett Smith, 43, seemed to acknowledge Will’s notorious wandering eye, telling Howard Stern: “I’m not his watcher. He’s a grown man.”
She later added that she’s fine with Will’s ways, “as long as Will can look himself in the mirror and be okay.”
Rumors have persisted since 2013 that Smith romanced his Suicide Squad co-star Margot Robbie. He’s also been pictured without his wedding ring.
Pinkett Smith also allegedly cheated in 2011 with HawthoRNe co-star Marc Anthony.
“They tried to fix things with therapy, [but] it’s not happening,” explained the source.
UPDATED: 08.04.15 11:43 am
Will Smith posted this message of Facebook…
Under normal circumstances, I don’t usually respond to foolishness. (Because it’s contagious) But, so many people have extended me their “deepest condolences” that I figured – “What the hell… I can be foolish, too!”
So, in the interest of redundant, repetitious, over & over-again-ness… Jada and I are…
NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!!!!!!!!!!!!! : -)
I promise you all – if I ever decide to divorce my Queen – I SWEAR I’ll tell you myself!
#Dumb People Should Have to Wear Scarlet D’s
And there you have it!
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs
1. Mike Epps1 of 26
2. Dwayne Wade2 of 26
3. Kimora Lee Simmons and Djimon Honsou3 of 26
4. Usher and Tameka Raymond were once married...but as we know, it didn't work out.4 of 26
5. Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey5 of 26
6. Mashonda Tifrere was once married to Swizz Beatz.6 of 26
7. Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose7 of 26
8. Kimora and Russell Simmons8 of 26
9. Tamar Braxton & Vincent filed for divorce9 of 26
10. Janet Jackson has been divorced...twice.10 of 26
11. 'All My Children' star and current guest star on 'Power' Debbi Morgan has been married...and divorced four times.11 of 26
12. Eric Benet was married to and divorced from Halle Berry. Now they are both married to other people.12 of 26
13. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.13 of 26
14. And we thought it would last - Evelyn Lozada and Ocho Cinco.14 of 26
15. Yup, Shaunie really was a basketball wife, she was married to Shaquille O'Neal.15 of 26
16. Allen and Tawanna Iverson are legally divorced, but have apparently reconciled, although they haven't remarried.16 of 26
17. Not quite divorced yet, but the papers have been filed and it's been finalized...but will Khloe and Lamar go through with it?17 of 26
18. Jill Scott18 of 26
19. Gina Torres & Laurence Fishburne were officially divorced in October of 201719 of 26
20. Tisha Campbell Martin & Duane Martin20 of 26
21. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown21 of 26
22. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown22 of 26
23. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs23 of 26
24. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs24 of 26
25. Usher & Grace Miguel25 of 26
26. Usher & Grace Miguel26 of 26
Will & Jada Pinkett Smith Rumored To Be Prepping For $240 Million Divorce [UPDATE] was originally published on blackamericaweb.com