Atlanta pastor Craig Lamar Davis was accused of, and has been found guilty of having sex with a woman and not disclosing his HIV status. Davis was convicted on two counts of HIV-reckless conduct.
Throughout the trial Davis’ attorneys claimed their client doesn’t have HIV, and said there’s no accurate test that detects the virus. The attorneys argued that Davis was misdiagnosed with the virus because he was smoking crack when he was initially treated by doctors. Medical professionals testified that smoking crack can effect test results.
However, prosecutors asked why Davis takes anti-viral medication and is being treated for HIV if he doesn’t have the virus.
During the trial Ronita McAfee said she slept with Davis four times and he never revealed his HIV status. McAfee has not contracted the virus.
Get more details about this story by visiting our sister site MyPraiseATL.com.
The 9 Biggest Scandals Of The Century
1. The Lewinsky Scandal1 of 9
2. Watergate Scandal2 of 9
3. John Wayne Bobbitt and Lorena Bobbitt3 of 9
4. Penn State Child Sex Abuse Scandal4 of 9
5. People of the State of California v. Orenthal James Simpson5 of 9
6. Clarence Thomas Controversy6 of 9
7. People of the State of California vs. Conrad Robert Murray7 of 9
8. Eliot Spitzer Prostitution Scandal8 of 9
9. Tiger Woods’ Infidelity Scandal9 of 9
Keep Up With Rickey Smiley On Facebook!