You may have noticed that rapper Rick Ross looks noticeably slimmer these days than he ever has and if you were wondering what the secret is to his weight loss success, his new interview with Men’s Health magazine divulges all of the details.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Before Rick Ross began his weight loss journey he weighed in at 350 lbs. and was quite unhealthy, a fact that finally inspired him to shed the weight for good. In an exclusive interview about his progress and motivation with People magazine via Men’s Health, he offers insight into his new lifestyle and making better choices.
Some of the highlights from the interview are below:
Weighing 350 lbs., sleeping for just three hours a night, and pounding back 24-oz. steaks at 4 a.m., rapper Rick Ross was living life to what he thought was the fullest. But two seizures within six hours of each other in 2011 – which required his private jet to make an emergency landing both times – forced Ross to reevaluate everything.
At the urging of his doctor, Ross changed his diet and exercise and saved his life, losing 75 lbs. “I’m happy,” he tells “Men’s Health” in its September issue, on newsstands now. “I’m still losing weight, and now I’m starting to build hard muscle in places.”
He also started working out with a group of friends for motivation, and came up with his own version CrossFit, which he calls “RossFit.” Four days a week, Ross goes for a warm-up jog, and then sets up five exercise stations with moves like deadlifts and pushups, working through them for 30 minutes.
Ross also stated that he didn’t want to do a cold turkey way of dieting, instead he allowed himself to have the things he craved, including fast food, but only between specific hours of the day. When asked if he had any advice for others struggling to lose weight, he stated “My advice for anyone looking to lose weight is to not make it feel like a job.”
You can check out the September issue of Men’s Health magazine on newsstands Friday.
Celebrity Weight Loss Spokespersons
1. EJ Johnson1 of 11
2. Most Recently, Janet Jackson for Nutrisystems.2 of 11
3. One of the most successful is Jennifer Hudson. Lost 80 lbs.3 of 11
4. Mariah Carey is currently the spokesperson for Jenny Craig.4 of 11
5. Phylicia Rashad lost 35 lbs. in 8 months with Jenny Craig.5 of 11
6. Charles Barkley started Weight Watchers last fall and has lost 42 lbs.6 of 11
7. Marie Osmond lost 50 lbs. with Nutrisystems.7 of 11
8. Valerie Bertinelli lost 49 lbs. with Jenny Craig.8 of 11
9. Kirstie Alley has switched from Jenny Craig to Organic Liaisons.9 of 11
10. Kelly Preston has lost 39 lbs. with Organic Liaisons.10 of 11
11. Queen Latifah as endorsed Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig & Curvation.11 of 11
Check out today’s Top Stories here: