Disney’s Investor Day 2020 delivered a long and exciting list of announcements from across The Walt Disney Company, including news that over the next few years, Disney+ will release approximately 10 Star Wars series and 10 Marvel series, as well as 15 Disney live-action, Disney Animation, and Pixar series, as well as 15 Disney live-action, Disney Animation, and Pixar features. To add, the company will continue plans for the premium content set to premiere in theaters or on linear channels before coming to the streaming service.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP AND TAKE US WITH YOU ANYWHERE!
Yesterday’s Investor Day featured an abundance of new details on the future of The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer services Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+. The company detailed the first look at Disney’s upcoming international general entertainment content brand, Star, and previews of an incredible slate of all-new content.
Disney actually announced enough content to keep fans locked into the platform for the next five years. Seriously, the thread of announcements is so long it is hard to explain all that is expected to arrive. Someone on Twitter said that Disney’s social media manager was stressed afterward.
Thankfully, we crafted a list of some of our favorite picks so you don’t have to sort through it yourself.
DON’T MISS IT…
Disney Locks In Viewers For The Next 5 Years With Thread Of New Content was originally published on globalgrind.com
1. Disney Goes Global With Star & Star+Source:Disney
Disney is expanding with the launch of Star and Star+ which will allow fans all over the world to tune into their content.
2. Stephen A. Smith Exclusive Studio ShowSource:Disney
So pleased to see that there are so many Black and POC entertainers benefitting from these announcements including the controversial Stephen A. Smith who is set to get an exclusive studio show with ESPN+.
3. ‘Handmaid’s Tale’ Renewed For Season 4Source:Disney
The cast of Handmaid’s Tale joins in on the excitement with a message that they will return for Season 4 to Hulu. Exciting stuff because fans have been patiently twiddling their fingers.
4. FX New Seasons of ‘Atlanta’, ‘Snowfall’ and ‘American Horror Story’Source:Disney
This is what you’ve been waiting for. New seasons of some of your favorite shows including Atlanta, Snowfall and American Horror Story are coming to FX.
5. Longest Running Live Action Sitcom In TV HistorySource:Disney
It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia has been renewed until Season 18 making it the longest running live action sitcom in television history. The show is that funny so it’s exciting to see it live on for seasons to come.
6. New Original Series Starring Rosario DawsonSource:Disney
The new original series, Ahsoka, starring Rosario Dawson is set within the timeline of their current series The Mandalorian. The new series is set to premiere on Disney+.
7. National Geographic ‘Genius’ Series Will Feature Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.Source:Disney
The fourth installment of Genius will premiere exclusively on Disney+ and it explores the extraordinary life and immeasurable impact of Martin Luther King, Jr.
8. Keeping Up With The Kardashians Isn’t Gone For GoodSource:Disney
The Kardashian Jenners are set to create all new global content under a multi-year deal streaming exclusively on Hulu in the U.S. and in multiple territories on Star internationally. So long Bravo and hello bigger bags. We knew they wouldn’t be gone for long.
9. New Original Movies Inspired By These 3 Awesome AthletesSource:Disney
Three new original movies inspired by the real-life stories of Chris Paul, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Keanon Lowe will premiere exclusively to Disney+. Yes to sharing more Black stories that will inspire the next generation. Very necessary!
10. A Reimagined ‘Cheaper By The Dozen’ Produced By Kenya Barris Starring Gabrielle UnionSource:Disney
A reimagined version of Cheaper by the Dozen will debut on Disney+ starring Gabrielle Union. The new story follows a blended family of 12 navigating a hectic home life and their family business. We will have to wait a year for this one as it is set to premiere in 2022.
11. ‘Sister Act 3’ Starring Whoopi Goldberg & Taps Tyler Perry To ProduceSource:Disney
The announcements were filled with new takes on old concepts, and the notable Sister Act series was in that category. Disney+ announces Sister Act 3 with Whoopi Goldberg to return and Tyler Perry to produce the film.
12. A Slew of Disney’s First Ever Original Animated SeriesSource:Disney
13. Pixar’s ‘Lightyear’ Blasting Into Theaters In 2022Source:Disney
Buzz Lightyear finally gets his own feature with Pixar’s new ‘Lightyear’ film set to premiere Summer 2022. Fans (me, I’m fans) are far too excited for this blast from the past.
14. Marvel Studios Introduces New Age Television With New Series ‘Wanda Vision’Source:Disney
Marvel Studios new series Wanda Vision follows an unusual couple on their quest to save the world. The new show begins streaming to Disney+ Jan. 15.