Dr. Jackie from “Married To Medicine,” stopped by “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about breast cancer. She has always been very open about her battle with breast cancer and how she survived it twice. This month is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Dr. Jackie wants to talk about ways that can help women and men find out if they have it.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She mentioned that early detection and knowing your family history is very important. If you know that your great-grandmother or anyone in your family battled the disease it can help you when going to see your doctor. Dr. Jackie also wants people to know that doing your own breast examinations as well as going to get mammograms every year at a certain age can help as well. She mentioned that one of her youngest patients that passed from breast cancer was only 18-years-old.
Dr. Jackie also spoke about her amazing organization 50 Shades of Pink. During the month of October, she puts on a gala to help raise money to find a cure as well as some women to get treatment. Dr. Jackie believes in calling women that face breast cancer warriors and wants everyone to understand that early detection is the best protection.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Check Out The Picture That Helped Launch Cynthia Bailey’s Modeling Career
- 88-Year-Old Woman Punched Outside Of Houston Grocery Store [VIDEO]
- Dionne Warwick’s Beyonce/Icon Comments Spark Controversy
- News Roundup: Harvey Weinstein Reaches $44 Million Settlement with Accusers, PUMA to Drop More Nipsey Hussle Collabs, & More
- Pamela Turner Is Buried While Texas Cop Who Killed Her Is Already Back At Work
- 3 Tips For Starting A Business, As Told By Tierra Kavanaugh Wayne [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Free Smoke: Drake Responds To Critics For His ‘Disrespectful’ Courtside Antics
- Teairra Marí Hands Over Bank Records To 50 Cent, He Responds On Instagram
- Texas Pastor Has Message For Cohabiting Couples: Move Out Or Get Married
- Florida Mom And Test Administrator Mysteriously Vanishes During Finals Week