Dr. Jackie from “Married To Medicine,” stopped by “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about breast cancer. She has always been very open about her battle with breast cancer and how she survived it twice. This month is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Dr. Jackie wants to talk about ways that can help women and men find out if they have it.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She mentioned that early detection and knowing your family history is very important. If you know that your great-grandmother or anyone in your family battled the disease it can help you when going to see your doctor. Dr. Jackie also wants people to know that doing your own breast examinations as well as going to get mammograms every year at a certain age can help as well. She mentioned that one of her youngest patients that passed from breast cancer was only 18-years-old.
Dr. Jackie also spoke about her amazing organization 50 Shades of Pink. During the month of October, she puts on a gala to help raise money to find a cure as well as some women to get treatment. Dr. Jackie believes in calling women that face breast cancer warriors and wants everyone to understand that early detection is the best protection.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Shock G, Digital Underground Rapper And West Coast Pioneer, Dead At 57
- Hot Spot: DMX’s Funeral Services Will Be Live Streamed For Fans To Attend Virtually [WATCH]
- Retired Officer Chris Anderson Shares Police Perspective With Recent Shootings [WATCH]
- Will Phaedra Parks Be Returning For Season 14 Of RHOA?!
- Michael B. Jordan Shares Why He Decided To Go Public With Lori Harvey
- Claudia Jordan Says NeNe Leakes Ruined Her Own Career
- ‘Jaslyn Will Not Die In Vain’: Family Holds Vigil For 7-Year-Old Girl Killed Outside Chicago McDonald’s
- Erykah Badu Shut It Down In Her New Campaign With Burberry
- Joe Biden & Kamala Harris Say “We Still Have Work To Do” After Derek Chauvin Conviction
- Unarmed Father Of 10 Kids Killed By Police In North Carolina