Dr. Jackie from “Married To Medicine,” stopped by “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” to talk about breast cancer. She has always been very open about her battle with breast cancer and how she survived it twice. This month is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Dr. Jackie wants to talk about ways that can help women and men find out if they have it.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
She mentioned that early detection and knowing your family history is very important. If you know that your great-grandmother or anyone in your family battled the disease it can help you when going to see your doctor. Dr. Jackie also wants people to know that doing your own breast examinations as well as going to get mammograms every year at a certain age can help as well. She mentioned that one of her youngest patients that passed from breast cancer was only 18-years-old.
Dr. Jackie also spoke about her amazing organization 50 Shades of Pink. During the month of October, she puts on a gala to help raise money to find a cure as well as some women to get treatment. Dr. Jackie believes in calling women that face breast cancer warriors and wants everyone to understand that early detection is the best protection.
Make sure you listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” 6am ET.
- Russell Westbrook Launches Green Tech Program To Teach Youngins’ Digital Work Skills
- Texas School Colors Black Student’s Haircut With Sharpie For Being “Out Of Dress Code”
- Eva Marcille Reveals Why She Changed Her Daughter’s Last Name From McCall To Sterling
- Texas Cops Who Led Mentally Ill Man By Rope Won’t Face Criminal Investigation
- “Pray For Me”: Loni Love Is Cutting All Alcohol In Preparation For Season 6 Of The Real
- Tyler Perry Casts ‘Billboard Buying’ Actress In His New Series
- #HotGirlSummer Has Turned Into #HotGirlSemester As Megan Thee Stallion Heads Back To Texas Southern University
- Bryan Michael Cox Claims Jay Z Deterred Jermaine Dupri From Signing A Deal With The NFL Last Year
- Jamie Foxx & Katie Holmes Reportedly Split After 6 Years
- Lamar Odom Says He’s Giving Up Porn + Why Porn Is A Problem For Black Men