Coming next year, Anthony Anderson will star in a new film Beats, which focuses on Chicago’s Hip-Hop scene, most especially in the Southside section of the sprawling city. Anderson will play a down and out manager who crosses path with a teen prodigy and the film will feature Dave East and Dreezy as well.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Khalil Everage, a 17-year-old newcomer from the South Side, stars as a musical prodigy with borderline agoraphobia whose path collides with a former music manager (Anderson) who has fallen from grace. The unlikely duo must come together to free each other from the demons of their pasts. The pic will also feature established and rising Chicago-based hip-hop producers and artists, including original music from Young Chop. Orange Is the New Black‘s Uzo Aduba, Emayatzy Corinealdi, Paul Walter Hauser and hip-hop artists Dave East and Dreezy co-star.
Beats will air on Netflix in 2019.
- How To Get Super Close & Personal With The Rickey Smiley Morning Show! [WATCH]
- Hot Spot: D.A.R.E. Starts Petition To Cancel ‘Euphoria,’ Says Show Glamorizes Kids On Drugs [WATCH]
- Kobe & Gianna Bryant Remembered With A Statue At Crash Site Of Their Deaths
- Bobby Brown Documentary & Docu-Series Show Headed To A&E In 2022
- Mary J. Blige Reveals She Didn’t Feel Beautiful Until 2016
Anthony Anderson To Star In Netflix Chicago Hip-Hop Film “Beats” was originally published on hiphopwired.com