Jay-Z was a special guest at the annual Peace, Walk & Talk event in Miami yesterday (Feb. 11). During his speech, Hova honored Trayvon Martin, whose parents organized the event and were also in attendance.
Over the weekend, Trayvon’s family hosted their annual “Peace Walk & Talk” event honoring their late son, and superstar hip-hop artist Jay-Z was in attendance, and even had a few powerful words to say to the crowd.
“We want to make sure we stand and support, and that we never forget that Trayvon serves as a beacon of light to all the people out here, so you guys will never have to go through the pain and hurt that they went through,” Hov says.
He adds, “His name will sit alongside the greats, whom lost their lives to push our cultures forward. The Martin Luther King’s, the Ghandi’s, and so on.” Quite the declaration, and a true one at that.
Jigga is planning a docu-series on Trayvon Martin’s life to be released this year.
Watch Jay-Z’s speech below.
- Tank Debuts ‘Can’t Let It Show’, Talks New Movie Role & Transitioning Into Stand Up Comedy [WATCH]
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Says He Recommended Syria Airstrike: ‘We Know What We Hit’
- QAnon Shaman Says Trump Pardoning Lil Wayne Made Him Question Loyalty
- 8 Legendary Black Hollywood Beauties Who Broke The Mold
- New York Times Internal Report Admits Its Coverage Has Been Rooted In White Perspectives
- The Beauty Of Little Africa: The History of Black Wall Street
- Rep. Al Green Blasts Republicans Voting Against ‘Equality’ For LGBTQ: ‘Have You No Shame?’
- Eddie Murphy Details His Iconic Basketball Match Against Prince
- Lizzo’s Extra Long Braid And Gold Fronts Are The Mood All 2021
- Rep. Maxine Waters Honoring ‘The Audacity’ Of Megan The Stallion’s Single ‘WAP’