Jay-Z was a special guest at the annual Peace, Walk & Talk event in Miami yesterday (Feb. 11). During his speech, Hova honored Trayvon Martin, whose parents organized the event and were also in attendance.
Over the weekend, Trayvon’s family hosted their annual “Peace Walk & Talk” event honoring their late son, and superstar hip-hop artist Jay-Z was in attendance, and even had a few powerful words to say to the crowd.
“We want to make sure we stand and support, and that we never forget that Trayvon serves as a beacon of light to all the people out here, so you guys will never have to go through the pain and hurt that they went through,” Hov says.
He adds, “His name will sit alongside the greats, whom lost their lives to push our cultures forward. The Martin Luther King’s, the Ghandi’s, and so on.” Quite the declaration, and a true one at that.
Jigga is planning a docu-series on Trayvon Martin’s life to be released this year.
Watch Jay-Z’s speech below.
- Tiffany Haddish Shares Painful Story That Her Stepfather Tried To Kill Her Mother
- Michael B Jordan Shows Off His Body & Asks U.S. Open Winner Naomi Osaka To “Creed 2” Premiere For Her Birthday [PHOTO]
- Quincy Jones Reveals Ray Charles Got Him Hooked On Heroin At 15
- Savannah State Eyes Layoffs Amid Decline In Student Enrollment
- African Americans Who Lead HIV Diagnoses May Get Game-Changing Treatment
- J. Prince Says Of Pusha T: “He’s Like An Ant To Us … We Can Crush Him Anytime”
- I’m Good Beloved, Enjoy: Rihanna Declines Super Bowl Halftime Show In Support Of Colin Kaepernick
- Reality Check: Black Soccer Dad Could Have Been Arrested Or Worse For Doing Nothing Wrong
- Dr. Collier: “The Flu Vaccine Does Not Give You The Flu” [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- Victor Cruz Sounds Like He’s This Close To Putting A Ring On Karrueche Tran’s Finger