Jay-Z was a special guest at the annual Peace, Walk & Talk event in Miami yesterday (Feb. 11). During his speech, Hova honored Trayvon Martin, whose parents organized the event and were also in attendance.
Over the weekend, Trayvon’s family hosted their annual “Peace Walk & Talk” event honoring their late son, and superstar hip-hop artist Jay-Z was in attendance, and even had a few powerful words to say to the crowd.
“We want to make sure we stand and support, and that we never forget that Trayvon serves as a beacon of light to all the people out here, so you guys will never have to go through the pain and hurt that they went through,” Hov says.
He adds, “His name will sit alongside the greats, whom lost their lives to push our cultures forward. The Martin Luther King’s, the Ghandi’s, and so on.” Quite the declaration, and a true one at that.
Jigga is planning a docu-series on Trayvon Martin’s life to be released this year.
Watch Jay-Z’s speech below.
- Smithsonian Moves Michelle Obama Portrait Due To “High Volume Of Visitors”
- Nike Executive To Step Down After Inappropriate Behavior
- Lie Detector Test Confirms Stormy Daniels’ Allegations About Donald Trump
- Michael B. Jordan To Produce All-Black WWII Drama “The Liberators”
- Why Black Tony Is On The Toilet [EXCLUSIVE]
- Prank Call: Mother Curses Out Roy Wood Jr. For Talking About Her Daughter [EXCLUSIVE]
- Rickey Smiley Talks About The Death Of 4-Year-Old Aniya Day Garrett And The Signs Of Abuse [EXCLUSIVE]
- Tyler Perry Recalls His Bidding War With Blue Ivy [VIDEO]
- The Twist And Turns On “Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta” Premiere [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Ben Carson Throws His Wife Under The Bus [VIDEO]