Mathew Knowles believes that colorism has played a part in Beyoncé‘s success.
Beyoncé has been dominating the music industry for over 20 years–both as part of Destiny’s Child and on her own. However, TMZ.com reports he mused that talent alone was not enough to get her to the top of the industry as he discussed his book, Racism From The Eyes Of A Child, with Ebony.
While talking about race in the music business, he implied that light skin women have an easier time finding success. When listing women who have benefitted from light skin privilege, he counted Bey among their number.
“When it comes to Black females, who are the people who get their music played on pop radio?” he questioned. “Mariah Carey, Rihanna, the female rapper Nicki Minaj, my kids.”
This is the second time in as many weeks that Mathew has been in the news for his statements about race. Last week, he admitted that he approached his ex-wife Tina Knowles because he thought she was White on first glance.
- Chicago School Unveils Sports Complex Named After Michelle Obama
- Jay-Z To Reportedly Become Part Owner Of A NFL Team
- New Town Road: Lil Nas X Covers ‘Time’ Magazine
- Nipsey Hussle Tribute Exhibit At Atlanta’s Trap Music Museum Unveiled By T.I.
- Black Dads Greet Students On First Day Of School
- North Carolina Toddler Helps The Homeless With Sales From Her Lemonade Stand
- Offset Joins Gaming Juggernaut FaZe Clan As Its Newest Investor
- R.Kelly Seeking The Help of Michael Jackson’s Former Attorney, His Funds Are Too Low Though
- Urban Decay’s Naked Honey Eyeshadow Palette Will Hit Stores This Fall
- San Antonio Spurs To Reportedly Retire Tony Parker’s Jersey Next Season
Mathew Knowles Hints Light Skin Helped Beyoncé’s Success [POLL] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com