Mathew Knowles believes that colorism has played a part in Beyoncé‘s success.
Beyoncé has been dominating the music industry for over 20 years–both as part of Destiny’s Child and on her own. However, TMZ.com reports he mused that talent alone was not enough to get her to the top of the industry as he discussed his book, Racism From The Eyes Of A Child, with Ebony.
While talking about race in the music business, he implied that light skin women have an easier time finding success. When listing women who have benefitted from light skin privilege, he counted Bey among their number.
“When it comes to Black females, who are the people who get their music played on pop radio?” he questioned. “Mariah Carey, Rihanna, the female rapper Nicki Minaj, my kids.”
This is the second time in as many weeks that Mathew has been in the news for his statements about race. Last week, he admitted that he approached his ex-wife Tina Knowles because he thought she was White on first glance.
- Gary’s Tea: Meghan Markle Has $200,000 Baby Shower, Wendy Williams Returns Date Announced & More
- Gunna Shares The Importance of Drip & How It Was Shooting For His Album Cover
- T.I.’s Sister, Precious Harris, Dead at 66
- R. Kelly Charged With 10 Counts Of Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse
- Girl Scout Sells More Cookies By Putting A Shirtless Picture Of Jason Momoa On Box [PHOTO]
- Man Tragically Killed After Porta Potty Catches On Fire Outside Of Baltimore Ravens Stadium [PHOTOS]
- New England Patriots Owner Robert Kraft Wanted In Florida Prostitution Sting
- Jussie Smollett Suspended From Empire
- Police Officer Involved In Shooting Of California Rapper Asleep In His Car Also Shot Father Of Two Last Year
- LeBron James’ ‘Space Jam 2’ Set For 2021 Release
Mathew Knowles Hints Light Skin Helped Beyoncé’s Success [POLL] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com