Malia Obama was recently spotted with her rumored boyfriend Rory Farquharson in New York City recently. But social media users want to know more about the guy that is making a big impression on Barack and Michelle Obama‘s oldest daughter.
Here are three interesting facts about Farquaharson:
- He is British: Farquaharson, a 19-year-old student who began attending Harvard last year, had lived with his family in Woodbridge, England, a historical riverside town that has a population of 11,000, according to UK’s The Sun. He is seemingly enjoying his time in the U.S. with Obama, who joined him in a walk in NYC’s Soho neighborhood Saturday.
- He comes from a finance industry legacy: Obama’s rumored guy is the son of Charles Farquaharson, 57, a chief executive of Insight Investment Management Limited. His mother Catherine Farquaharson, 58, is a qualified accountant, according to The Sun.
- He went to boarding school: Farquaharson formerly attended a boarding school overseas. He was named the “head boy” at the prestigious Rugby School from 2015 to 2016 in Rugby, England, The Telegraph reported. Farquharson was described as “popular” and “quite a catch,” said one of his school friends. He also represented his school in golf and rugby matches as well as was a member of the school’s chemistry club, the Blue Bunsen Society.
Conversations about the eldest Obama daughter, who follows her parents at Harvard, have turned from her academics to her love life on social media since she was first spotted with Farquharson in November when they attended a football game between Harvard and Yale. Many people showed love for the former first daughter’s developing relationship with Farquharson.
- Front Page News: Joe Biden Speaks On Gun Violence In The Country [WATCH]
- Report: Former NFL Player Phillip Adams Kills 5, Then Himself After Mass Shooting In South Carolina
- Dr. Collier Debunks COVID-19 Vaccine Myths [WATCH]
- DMX Passes Away At 50 After Week Spent On Life Support Following Heart Attack
- Twitter Reportedly Was In Discussions To Drop A $4 Billion Bag On Clubhouse
- Quindon Tarver, Singer From ‘Romeo + Juliet’ & ‘American Idol,’ Dead At 38
- Jorge Lendeborg Jr. & Tosin Cole In Talks To Star In LeBron James ‘House Party’ Reboot
- Virginia Governor Who Once Wore Blackface Endorses Former Gov. Terry McAuliffe To Replace Him
- Maryland Lawmakers Pass Bill To End Life Sentences For Juveniles
- Reading Rainbow’s LeVar Burton And His Fans Want Him To Be The Next Host Of ‘Jeopardy!’
11 Reasons We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.Source: 1 of 10
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.Source: 2 of 10
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.Source: 3 of 10
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.Source: 4 of 10
5. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.Source: 5 of 10
6. Plus, he’s all about b-ball.Source: 6 of 10
7. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.Source: 7 of 10
8. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.Source: 8 of 10
9. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.Source: 9 of 10
10. He gave us hope…Source: 10 of 10