Malia Obama was recently spotted with her rumored boyfriend Rory Farquharson in New York City recently. But social media users want to know more about the guy that is making a big impression on Barack and Michelle Obama‘s oldest daughter.
Here are three interesting facts about Farquaharson:
- He is British: Farquaharson, a 19-year-old student who began attending Harvard last year, had lived with his family in Woodbridge, England, a historical riverside town that has a population of 11,000, according to UK’s The Sun. He is seemingly enjoying his time in the U.S. with Obama, who joined him in a walk in NYC’s Soho neighborhood Saturday.
- He comes from a finance industry legacy: Obama’s rumored guy is the son of Charles Farquaharson, 57, a chief executive of Insight Investment Management Limited. His mother Catherine Farquaharson, 58, is a qualified accountant, according to The Sun.
- He went to boarding school: Farquaharson formerly attended a boarding school overseas. He was named the “head boy” at the prestigious Rugby School from 2015 to 2016 in Rugby, England, The Telegraph reported. Farquharson was described as “popular” and “quite a catch,” said one of his school friends. He also represented his school in golf and rugby matches as well as was a member of the school’s chemistry club, the Blue Bunsen Society.
Conversations about the eldest Obama daughter, who follows her parents at Harvard, have turned from her academics to her love life on social media since she was first spotted with Farquharson in November when they attended a football game between Harvard and Yale. Many people showed love for the former first daughter’s developing relationship with Farquharson.
- John David Washington Explains Why He Used To Lie About Being Denzel Washington’s Son
- Daniel Kaluuya To Star As Fred Hampton In ‘Judas and the Black Messiah’
- Gary’s Tea: Lala Opens Up About Co-Parenting With Carmelo Anthony [WATCH]
- Black Tony Finally Explains Why He Never Comes To Work! [VIDEO]
- Oprah Erects 26 Billboards Around Louisville Calling For Justice For Breonna Taylor
- Op Alert: Republicans Fear Kanye West Presidential Run Could Backfire On Donald Trump
- LeBron James Has The Perfect Response To Donald Trump Not Watching NBA Restart Games
- Music Producer Detail Arrested on Multiple Sexual Assault Charges
- Nia DaCosta: Everything To Know About First Black Woman Directing Marvel Movie
- Keke Palmer Announces She Will Host The 2020 VMA’s And New Show On Disney Plus
11 Reasons We Are Thankful For President Barack Obama
1. We’ll never forget the moment President Obama said Trayvon Martin could have been his son.Source: 1 of 10
2. And let’s not forget President Obama was the man behind capturing and killing Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden.Source: 2 of 10
3. He also rejoiced when the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting same-sex marriage.Source: 3 of 10
4. He always gets his hands a little dirty.Source: 4 of 10
5. He genuinely, wholeheartedly, loves the kids.Source: 5 of 10
6. Plus, he’s all about b-ball.Source: 6 of 10
7. He made two of our favorite players the happiest men on Earth.Source: 7 of 10
8. … And what a beautiful example for men on how to treat the ladies in your life.Source: 8 of 10
9. There will never be another as suave as President Obama & for that alone, we’re thankful.Source: 9 of 10
10. He gave us hope…Source: 10 of 10