Over the years, R&B has delivered countless classic hits, that live on far beyond their weeks on the Billboard charts. But the singers of those hits don’t always end up being so timeless. While some artists stick, others eventually fade away into yesteryear, much to the surprise of fans who gravitate to them and fully expect them to have long, successful and transformative careers.
Sadly, it doesn’t always go down like that. Who are some of the singers you didn’t expect to fade away? Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from the “Ed Lover Show.”
Listen to “Ed Lover Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
RELATED: Top 5 Horror Movies [EXCLUSIVE]
Backup Singers Who Made it Big
1. Mary J. BligeSource:Aaron Wiggins 1 of 8
2. Mariah CareySource:Getty 2 of 8
3. Luther VandrossSource:Getty 3 of 8
4. Faith EvansSource:TV One 4 of 8
5. Keri Hilson at Gold RoomSource:Prince Williams/ATLPics.net 5 of 8
6. Tamar BraxtonSource:Getty 6 of 8
7. Whitney HoustonSource:WENN 7 of 8
8. John LegendSource:Getty 8 of 8
Top 5 Singers You Thought Were Going To Blow Up But Didn’t was originally published on edlovershow.com