Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Adams and Pence developed a close professional and personal relationship, especially when the doctor oversaw the Indiana’s response to an HIV outbreak in 2014.
He’s an anesthesiologist who completed his undergraduate studies in biochemistry and biopsychology at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC). Adams earned his medical degree from the Indiana University School of Medicine, and also holds a Masters of Public Health from the University of California, Berkeley.
Adams said at his swearing-in ceremony that his immediate attention will focus on helping Hurricane Harvey victims. During his tenure, he plans to address the nation’s opioid epidemic, mental health challenges and childhood obesity, USA Today reported.
3 Things To Know About Dr. Jerome Adams
2. Adams conducted research at the University of Zimbabwe Medical School in 1995, focused on assessing the prevalence and predictors of hypertension among rural and urban Black Zimbabweans, according to his resume.
3. Adams has spoken at several events in Indiana focused on improving minority health, including the Indiana Black Barbershop Health Initiative.
In Honor Of President's Day, Here Are Photos That Will Make You Miss Barack Obama
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
3 Things To Know About New Black Surgeon General Jerome Adams was originally published on newsone.com