After Kim Burrell became one of the most hated people in the country following her viral anti-gay sermon, her sister in christ, Pastor Shirley Caesar, chimed in to make matters worse. During a recent sermon at the First Baptist Church of Glenarden in Maryland, Caesar defended Burrell and even called out President Barack Obama for legalizing gay marriage, saying, “[Kim Burrell] should’ve said something four years ago when our president made that stuff all right,” The Root reports.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
The #UNameIt Challenge star also said pastors needed to keep their business in-house and collect cell phones at the church door. Maybe so they can keep spewing hateful rhetoric behind closed doors.
Lord, have mercy.
BIVISIBILITY: These Stars Are Bisexual & Proud
1. In 2015, Miley Cyrus revealed that she identifies as sexually fluid, telling Paper magazine, "I am literally open to every single thing that is consenting and doesn’t involve an animal and everyone is of age."Source:Getty 1 of 12
2. Ricky Martin shocked the world when he came out as gay in 2010. The father of two once revealed, “I know that I like both men and women, I’m against sexual labels."Source:Getty 2 of 12
3. After photos surfaced of her making out with Michelle Rodriguez, Cara Delevingne came clean about her bisexuality, saying, "It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it."Source:Getty 3 of 12
4. Frank Ocean captivated the world with his songs about love and women. When he opened up about his experience falling in love with a guy, he garnered the attention of many more.Source:Getty 4 of 12
5. Lady Gaga has been open about her sexuality since the beginning of her career. After naysayers claimed it was all for marketing, she said, "This is who I am and who I have always been.”Source:Getty 5 of 12
6. After coming under fire for using the F bomb multiple times on social media, Azealia Banks defended herself, saying "I can't be homophobic. I'm bisexual."Source:Getty 6 of 12
7. Amber Rose has never been shy about her sexuality. She even openly admitted to being in a relationship with a girl, way before her Kanye days.Source:Getty 7 of 12
8. David Bowie was one of the most notable artists of all time, whose sexuality and gender bent all of the traditional rules.Source:Getty 8 of 12
9. Mel B once revealed that she was in a four-year relationship with a woman before.Source:Splash 9 of 12
10. In 2013, Zoe Saldana said that she "might end up with a woman raising my children. I’ve been attracted to the male species, but if one day I wake up and want to be with a woman, I will do that because it is my life, therefore it is my decision.”Source:Getty 10 of 12
11. Megan Fox told Esquire Magazine once, “I have no question in my mind about being bisexual."Source:Getty 11 of 12
12. Angelina Jolie has always been open about her bisexuality. She once told OK Magazine, “I have loved women in the past and slept with them."Source:Getty 12 of 12
SOURCE: The Root
Shirley Caesar Weighs In On Kim Burrell’s Anti-Gay Comments was originally published on globalgrind.com