Playing for the Nation’s Capital can be a gift and a curse. It’s the home of so many Americans from different parts of the world. It’s not unusual to go to a sporting event for any of the Washington professional teams (Commanders, Wizards, Nationals, Capitals, Mystics, DC United, Spirit) and see the opposing team’s fans filling the stands. Friday, November 17’s game against the New York Knicks is recent is clear example of this.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
The Washington Wizards took on the New York Knicks in another In-Season Tournament game. The Knicks went on to win the game 120-99. Toward the end of the fourth quarter, Knicks fans in attendance started to chant “Let’s Go Knicks” In the after game press conference, Inside the Wizards Staff Writer BreAnna Holmes asked Wizards forward Deni Avdija about the Knicks fans chanting, here is his response:
Many fans could say if they gave us something to cheer about we’d cheer but having the opposing team’s fans drown out the home team in their arena is a culture DC has to get rid of. Continue reading on Inside The Wizards.
Read More Sports News:
- NFL Player Chandler Jones Arrested After Bizarre Livestream & Social Media Posts
- Video Shows Racist University Of Alabama Football Fans Tell Black Texas Players To ‘Go Back To The Projects’
- Former Northwestern University Football Players Lawyer Up After Alleged Sex Abuse, Racist Hazing
- Ice Cube Calls Out The ‘Gatekeepers’ Of Entertainment, Says NBA Has Been After BIG3
- New Cleveland Browns Logo Revealed!
- The Highest-Paid Players In The NFL Are Black Quarterbacks
- Who Is Prince Asante Sefa-Boakye And What Is His Mission With Water Polo In Ghana?
- Jaden McDaniels Breaks Hand After Punching a Wall During Regular-Season Finale
- LSU Women’s Basketball Team Celebrates Record-Breaking NCAA Win
- Jason Whitlock Attacks Asian Journalist Who Was Called Ethnic Slur By White Radio Host
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Content in Your Inbox:
Washington Wizards Deni Avdija Disappointed In DC Sports Fan Culture But Has Hopes On Improvement was originally published on woldcnews.com
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Washed Crooner Aaron Hall Getting Dragged For All The Filth After Rape Accusation With Diddy
Is Ashanti Pregnant? X Users Think Nelly Has ‘Sealed The Deal’
Tiffany Haddish Prepared To Get Help After Latest DUI Arrest: “This Will Never Happen Again”
Black Hollywood Showed Up for The Color Purple World Premiere
WORLD AIDS DAY: Remembering Black Celebrities We Lost
Cheryl Lynn Enjoys “Lovely” Royalties As “Encore” Gets A Resurgence On TikTok
Diddy Releases Statement After Being Accused Of Gang Raping 17-Year-Old, X Tells Him To Log Off