Black girl magic is a very real thing, and everyday there’s a beautiful sister out there proving that statement to be 100% fact.
The latest queen to become a shining example of the glow is a young woman by the name of Haley Taylor Schlitz, a 19-year-old academic prodigy that will soon be the youngest African American to ever graduate law school in the United States.
Schlitz was just 16 years old when she got accepted by nine different law schools. She chose to go with Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, and in just three years at SMU has become an author, public speaker and thought leader in activism. As described in SMU’s news release announcing her big accomplishment, the now-19-year-old scholar is set to walk the stage in just one week (May 13) and make things official. Her plan is to work on education policy issues for an elected official or non-profit organization.
More on this trailblazing Black female lawyer of the very near future below, via SMU:
- Haley serves as a mentor in the Young Scholar Program (YSP), a program in which a cohort of young Black women are organized to mentor and develop leadership skills of young Black girls.
- Haley is also a recurring opinion columnist for Blavity and Blavity U. Haley has had her columns also published by TheGrio, Teen Vogue, Ms. Magazine, Ed Post, and others.
- Haley and her mother Dr. Myiesha Taylor published their book The Homeschool Alternative which details their experience as a homeschooling family and provides resources to Black families on how they can incorporate a “homeschool mindset” into their education journey.
Speaking with Dallas Morning News on her career aspirations a few years ago, Haley told the outlet, “I really want to help students realize their potential even if they can’t home-school,” going on to add, “I want to help families open their eyes to the opportunities that they don’t even realize are there.” We can’t see any feasible reason why she won’t be making that happen very soon.
Congratulations, Haley Taylor Schlitz! We can’t wait to watch you shine out here.
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
- ‘Whore’: Donald Trump Jr. Posts Misogynistic Meme Attacking Fani Willis
- Susan L. Taylor Discusses The National CARES Mentoring Movement
- Comedian Richard Lewis Passes Away at 76
19-Year-Old Will Be Youngest African American To Graduate Law School In U.S. History was originally published on blackamericaweb.com
Porsha Williams Divorcing Simon Guobadia After 15-Month Marriage
Prayers Up: Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Dementia, Primary Progressive Aphasia
Monica Responds To Accusations Of Getting BBL Surgery After Viral Concert Footage Shows Her Curves.
Oh My, Oh Why: Fans Share Reactions To Tyler Perry’s ‘Mea Culpa’ On Social Media
Chilli Faces Backlash After Correcting Fan Who Called Her Chocolate: 'Without A Tan, I’m Caramel'
Outspoken Councilman Eric Mays Passes Away 65
Diddy Hires "Super Lawyer" Who Defended Jeffrey Epstein Co-Conspirator Ghislaine Maxwell
Wendy Williams’ Family Gives Detailed Account Of Her “Heartbreaking” Downward Spiral