Big Sean has continually used his platform and resources to support individuals from underserved communities. Through his nonprofit, the Sean Anderson Foundation, the rapper has led several philanthropic projects including distributing holiday meals for families in need and launching a program for students who want to pursue careers in the entertainment industry. His latest social good project involved giving back to youth in his hometown of Detroit. According to the Detroit Free Press, he opened up a new production studio at the Dick & Sandy Dauch Boys & Girls Club.
The state-of-the-art facility was unveiled during the kick-off of the second annual DON Weekend; a community-focused event that features an array of activities including forums, performances and games for local youth to participate in. The studio will serve as a space for individuals who want to launch careers in the arts to work on their craft. It features audio and video editing stations. The creation of the new production studio cost $100,000.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
“Detroit is like one of those staples in music. It’s important that we keep that legacy of being one of music’s backbones. We’ve got a reputation to uphold,” he said in a statement. “I think it can save somebody’s life, if they have somewhere to go. I think there are going to be a lot more millionaires and billionaires from Detroit, and I think the Boys & Girls Club is going to have something to do with that.” Big Sean’s DON Weekend will continue with an impactful discussion surrounding mental health within the Black community on Sunday. The panel will be led by psychiatrist Dr. Jessica Clemons and academic Dr. Michael Eric Dyson.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
The unveiling of the new production studio comes just months after Big Sean teamed up with Ally Financial and the Thurgood Marshall College Fund for an initiative that will help Black budding business owners bring their entrepreneurial visions to fruition.
Black Pundits Who Slay On Cable News
1. Bakari Sellers Shutting Down Pundit Who Says Race Doesn't Exist1 of 11
2. Keith Boykin Exhausted With A Trump Supporter2 of 11
3. Joy-Ann Reid Destroys Pastor Mark Burns3 of 11
4. Angela Rye Lays Down The Law In Cornrows4 of 11
5. Symone Sanders Is Not Here For Border Wall Foolishness5 of 11
6. April Ryan Owns Paris Dennard6 of 11
7. Abby Phillip Fact-Checking Trump7 of 11
8. Angela Rye Checks A Commentator Insulting April Ryan8 of 11
9. White House Correspondent Yamiche Alcindor Asking Trump About His Racism9 of 11
10. Clay Cane Reminding A Pundit About The History Of Whites Falsely Accusing Blacks10 of 11
11. Nina Turner Annihilates Panelist On Racism In America11 of 11
ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM:
- Rapper Shot And Killed In Houston
- See Lauren London’s Moving Birthday Note To Nipsey Hussle’s Sister
- Baby Shower Goals: Keyshia Cole Celebrates New Baby Boy On A Yacht [PHOTOS]
Big Sean Gifts Detroit-Based Boys & Girls Club With New Production Studio was originally published on newsone.com