A Georgia woman allegedly shot at her parents after her father wouldn’t change the channel from the University of Georgia football game, the Macon Telegraph reported.
Tambria Chaprii Palmer, 28, was arrested at her family’s home.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Her father, Darrell Palmer, was watching the UGA Bulldogs play the Kentucky Wildcats when Tambria grabbed the remote control and changed the channel, reports the Telegraph.
An argument started between the two, and her father turned the TV off. She then tried to turn it back on, but he blocked her, the report said. She then allegedly began cursing at him and tried to hit him in his face.
She then went into her bedroom and said, “she was going to send everyone in the house to hell,” her parents said in the report. Darrell Palmer said he thought he heard a “gun chambering a round” and went toward the bedroom to find Tambria sitting on the bed with a handgun in her lap.
She fired a shot at her father which sent him running out of the house. Her mother, Le’Trice Palmer, was holding her newborn granddaughter when she heard gunshots and ran out of the house, the report said.
Tambria reportedly chased her mother across the front yard toward a neighbor’s house, firing shots as they ran. Le’Trice fell to the ground several times to try to dodge the bullets.
When police arrived Tambria had fired every bullet from the gun and allegedly threw it into the bushes.
Palmer’s three other children, between the ages of ages 2 and 10, were in a back bedroom in the home, the newspaper reported.
Palmer, who is unemployed and lives with her parents, faces six counts of aggravated assault, four counts of cruelty to children and one count of reckless conduct, the Telegraph reported. Her children remain in the care of her parents.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
ALSO TRENDING ON RICKEYSMILEYMORNINGSHOW.COM:
- Angela Simmons Ex-Fiance Killed In His Home
- Recipe: Rickey Smiley’s Red Velvet Crumble Peach Cobbler
- Baby Dies From Diaper Rash After Wearing Maggot-Infested Pamper
Famous Folks We Lost to Gun Violence
1. Marvin Gaye (April 2, 1939 – April 1, 1984)Source:Getty 1 of 12
2. Big L (May 30, 1974 – February 15, 1999)Source:Getty 2 of 12
3. XXXtentacion (January 23, 1998 – June 18, 2018)Source:Joe Chea 3 of 12
4. Jam Master Jay (January 21, 1965 – October 30, 2002)Source:Getty 4 of 12
5. Malcolm X (May 19, 1925 – February 21, 1965)Source:Richard Saunders/Hulton Archive/Getty Images 5 of 12
6. Pop Smoke (July 20, 1999 – February 19, 2020)Source:Getty 6 of 12
7. King Von (August 9, 1994 – November 6, 2020)Source:Getty 7 of 12
8. Martin Luther King Jr. (January 15, 1929 – April 4, 1968)Source:Getty 8 of 12
9. The Notorious B.I.G. / Biggie Smalls (May 21, 1972 – March 9, 1997)Source:Getty 9 of 12
10. Tupac Shakur / 2Pac (June 16, 1971 – September 13, 1996)Source:Getty 10 of 12
11. Nipsey Hussle (August 15, 1985 – March 31, 2019)Source:WENN 11 of 12
12. Selena (April 16, 1971 – March 31, 1995)Source:Getty 12 of 12
Woman Shoots At Parents Over Watching Football Game On TV was originally published on blackamericaweb.com