The name Jimmy Spicer might not be known to the current Hip-Hop generation, but his contribution to the genre and culture are boundless. The pioneering figure has been battling advanced brain and lung cancer, and a GoFundMe has been launched to assist Spicer with medical expenses and fees.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
Late last month, Hip-Hop legend Kurtis Blow tweeted out Spicer’s GoFundMe link, which also featured an image of the “Adventures of Super Rhymes” rapper in recovery.
From Spicer’s GoFundMe:
I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ADVANCED CANCER. I HAVE A TUMOR IN MY LUNG. AND A TUMOR IN MY BRAIN. I AM CURRENTLY UNDERGOING RADIATION THERAPY FOR THE TUMOR IN MY BRAIN. I NOW NEED CHEMOTHERAPY FOR THE TUMOR IN MY LUNG. PLEASE WITH YOUR HELP AND PRAYERS I CAN FIGHT THIS.
Thus far, around $2,400 has been raised over the past 18 days with the ask set at $100,000.
Check out Jimmy Spicer’s “Adventures of Super Rhymes” track below.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!Follow @TheRSMS
- Oscar Grant’s Family Requests To Have Fruitvale BART Station Named After Him
- New CBC Chair: Impeaching Trump ‘Is Not Going To Be Top On Our Agenda’
- Voices At Urban One Honors: What Does Jermaine Dupri Mean To Da Brat
- Voices At Urban One Honors: Jade Novah Is Becoming More Than A Viral Sensation
- Did Lauren London & Nipsey Hussle Get Married?
Hip-Hop Legend Jimmy Spicer Battles Brain & Lung Cancer was originally published on hiphopwired.com