John Legend became the youngest person to achieve EGOT status with his Emmy win for Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert on Sunday night. Legend won the Oustanding Variety Special (Live) award for his work as a producer on the program — making history in the process.
There are only 15 EGOTs – recipients of the Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony Awards ever. Legend was joined by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice in achieving EGOT status on Sunday.
RELATED: John Legend Says He Dreams Of Songs
To date, Legend has won 10 Grammys. In 2015, he and Common won the Oscar for Best Original Song for “Glory,” featured in the movie Selma. In 2017, he won a Tony in the Best Revival of a Play category for his role as co-producer of Jitney.
Legend’s wife, Chrissy Teigen posted a photo of Legend alongside Webber and Rice, captioning it, “EGOT GOATS.”
- DMX’s Family Says Beware Of Scammers
- Jeff Johnson Breaks Down What A “Routine Stop” Looks Like For Black People [WATCH]
- You Mad!: Cam’ron Drags Derrick Jaxn Over DMX Post
- Gary’s Tea: DMX’s Family Clears Rumors Surrounding His Passing [WATCH]
- Out Of Respect For Daunte Wright And A Grieving Community, Minnesota Teams Cancel Games
- Memorial Services For DMX To Be Held At Yonkers Raceway, Might Get A Statue In Yonkers Too?
- Is Dwayne Johnson Open to White House Run? New Polls Shows High Favorability
- Virginia Cop Fired After Pepper-Spraying Black Army Lieutenant During Violent Traffic Stop
- Usher Pays Adult Entertainers In “Ush Bucks” & Fans Are Clowning Him For It On Twitter
- Police Chief Says Cop Mistakenly Shot Daunte Wright, Recycles Same Excuse Used In Death Of Oscar Grant
John Legend Completes Rare EGOT Feat With Emmy For ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com