During the homegoing service for her friend Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight revealed some devastating news of her own. The 74-year-old legendary singer is currently battling pancreatic cancer, the same cancer that Franklin fought before she passed on August 16th.
Knight didn’t reveal how long she had been diagnosed with the cancer.
During a Monday interview with Us Weekly in which she shared her fondest memories of the Queen of Soul, Knight did not disclose her own illness, but discussed the finite nature of life.
“The Lord tells us where we are going and tells us when we are coming,” Knight said. “So I’m not overly upset about (Franklin’s death), and he knows how much each one of us can bear, and he calls us home with those things in mind. That’s the way I feel about it, because he loves us like that.”
The live stream for Franklin’s funeral is currently on-going. You can watch here.
- Nipsey Hussle’s Legacy Lives On With ‘The Marathon (Cultivation)’ Documentary Exploring His Multi-Million Dollar Cannabis Business
- Flava, You ARE The Father: Flava Flav Finds Out He Has A 3-Year-Old Toddler
- Kimora Lee Simmons And Aoki Lee Simmons Give Us Mother Daughter Fashion Goals In Dior
- NBA Star Stephen Curry Earns Degree From Davidson
- Megan Thee Stallion Gives Us Hair Envy In Her Latest IG Pic
- Jesse Williams, Scholly Launch Scholarship Fund
- Jay-Z’s Venture Capital Firm Backs Black-Led Finance App
- Sabrina And Idris Elba Give Us Fashion Envy At Cannes Film Festival
- Lupe Fiasco Is Bringing Rap To MIT
- Jordyn Woods Celebrates Her Anniversary With Karl-Anthony Towns On A Romantic Weekend Getaway
UPDATE: Gladys Knight’s Publicist Denies That She Has Pancreatic Cancer was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com