During the homegoing service for her friend Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight revealed some devastating news of her own. The 74-year-old legendary singer is currently battling pancreatic cancer, the same cancer that Franklin fought before she passed on August 16th.
Knight didn’t reveal how long she had been diagnosed with the cancer.
During a Monday interview with Us Weekly in which she shared her fondest memories of the Queen of Soul, Knight did not disclose her own illness, but discussed the finite nature of life.
“The Lord tells us where we are going and tells us when we are coming,” Knight said. “So I’m not overly upset about (Franklin’s death), and he knows how much each one of us can bear, and he calls us home with those things in mind. That’s the way I feel about it, because he loves us like that.”
The live stream for Franklin’s funeral is currently on-going. You can watch here.
- Woman Claims She Was Attacked By Bed Bugs While Sleeping At Disneyland Hotel
- Remy Ma And Papoose’s ‘Grease’ Inspired Baby Shower Was So Cute! [PHOTOS]
- President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper Ramps Up With Awards, Conference
- ‘Empire’ Recap: Cookie And Lucious Kill Kingsley With Kindness
- Lil Jon To Open Up Second School In Ghana
- Gary’s Tea: Nicki Minaj Reveals More About Her Dating Life, Michael B. Jordan Earns A Spot On GQ’s “Man Of The Year” & More
- Rickey Smiley On How He’s Challenging His Kids Now To Have Successful Careers In The Future
- White Professor Calls Police On Black Student Who Put Her Feet Up In Class [Video]
- Chance The Rapper Partners With MGM To Bring ‘Hope’ To The Big Screen
- Jumping The Broom! Toni Braxton To Marry By The End Of The Year [VIDEO]
UPDATE: Gladys Knight’s Publicist Denies That She Has Pancreatic Cancer was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com