Folks these days complain about frivolous things like getting their diploma one semester later than their peers — but imagine graduating college 70 years after your classmates.
96-year-old former U.S. Navy pilot, Bob Barger, shocked the world last week by finally snagging his associates degree in technical studies from the University of Toledo, a whole seventy years after his original graduating class. Reports say he’s the oldest graduate in the university’s history.
If you’re thinking 70 years doesn’t seem that long ago, check out these 5 things that were going on in 1948:
A gallon of gas cost 16 cents back then
A movie ticket was 60 cents
Ghandi was murdered
Apartheid began in South Africa
The game of Scrabble was introduced
Samuel L. Jackson was born
Congrats Bob Barger on living multiple lives in multiple lifetimes.
- For Papas Who Puff: Check Out These Smoker-Friendly Gifts For Father’s Day
- Michelle Williams Becomes “Merleen” To Clap Back At Fans Canceling “Cater 2 U” By Destiny’s Child
- The History Of Juneteenth Explained
- The RZA Confirms Season 2 Of ‘Wu-Tang: An American Saga’ In 2021
- Pharrell Williams Set To Open Private School For Low Income Families In Virginia
96-Year Old Army Vet Proves It’s Never Too Late To Follow Your Dreams was originally published on globalgrind.com