Washington, D.C. police officers are now required to participate in a new training program that includes a class on critical race theory and a visit to the National Museum of African American History and Culture to get a better understanding of the communities they police. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser says that D.C. is “committed to accountability” and to strengthening “the bonds of trust between MPD and our residents.”
The training will include things such as “a three-hour black history lecture, tour through the National Museum of African American History and Culture, and a lesson on U Street where officers will examine police brutality.”
Bowser added, “I think there are some that would like to ignore that troubling history of law enforcement in our country. But, we believe it’s critically important that it remains a part of our education and understanding,” he said. “And most importantly, it’s something we can learn from.”
- Duane Martin Says Tisha Campbell Is Lying About Domestic Abuse
- The Cast Of ‘In Living Color’ To Reunite For 25th Anniversary!
- Tamera Reminisces About The First Time She Met Jay-Z & Gets Dragged By The Beyhive [VIDEO]
- Lee Daniels Posts Instagram Video About Jussie Smollett And ‘Empire’ Morale
- Woman Sues Harvard For Profiting Off Photos Of Her Enslaved Ancestors