Meek Mill is one step closer to going home. The Philly D.A. reportedly won’t contest the Dreams & Nightmares rapper’s release on bail.
The D.A. filed docs Wednesday saying there’s a “strong showing of likelihood” that Meek’s conviction will be reversed due to a police corruption scandal in Philly. Prosecutors point out hundreds of previous convictions have already been overturned, and they think Meek will follow suit, shortly.
As a result, prosecutors see no reason for Meek to be held without bail. As we reported, Meek’s attorneys have filed several motions, including one for him to be released while the court decides whether to uphold the 2 to 4 year sentence he got from Judge Genece Brinkley.
A recent feature story in Rolling Stone on Meek, and various reports out of Philly, highlight how corrupt the police were in various cases. We’re talking drug dealers being robbed by cops and planted evidence, amongst other heinous offenses.
- Marlo Hampton Finally Gets A ‘RHOA’ Peach
- Gary’s Tea: Is ‘Insecure’ Actor Jay Ellis Wrong For Hiding His White Wife From The Public? [WATCH]
- Front Page News: FDA Voted To Approved COVID-19 Vaccine For Kids Ages 5 To 11 [WATCH]
- Black Twitter Reacts To Insecure’s Use of AKA Sorority Logo, Issa Rae Responds
- The Jig: Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Judge Says Prosecutors Can’t Use the Word “Victim”
- ‘Colin In Black & White’: The Evolution Of Colin Kaepernick Arrives On TV
- Floyd Mayweather Pens Note To Kyrie Irving In Support Of His Choice To Not Get Vaccinated
- Death Of Jelani Day Officially Ruled A Drowning By Coroner
- Megan Thee Stallion Announces She’s Graduating College This Year
- KeKe Palmer Sings The World Series National Anthem [Jaw Dropping Voice!]
Photo: Prince Williams
D.A. Says It Won’t Fight Meek Mill’s Release On Bail was originally published on hiphopwired.com