As a Christian, Ben Carson should know what’s done in the dark comes to the light — and CNN is that light.
Carson and his team, like the incompetent spokesperson for HUD Raffi Willliams, claimed Carson did not know anything about the $130,000 dining room set. Williams told the New York Times, “Mr. Carson ‘didn’t know the table had been purchased,’ but does not believe the cost was too steep and does not intend to return it.” This clearly made no sense. As we asked before, is Carson so incompetent that he isn’t aware of a $31,000 dining room set that popped up in his office?
In addition, Carson released a statement to his longtime adviser Armstrong Williams, “I was as surprised as anyone to find out that a $31,000 dining set had been ordered. I have requested that the order be canceled. We will find another solution for the furniture replacement.”Now, CNN.com is reporting that Carson is a stone-cold liar.
CNN.com reports, “Emails show Carson and his wife selected the furniture themselves. An August email from a career administration staffer, with the subject line ‘Secretary’s dining room set needed,’ to Carson’s assistant refers to ‘printouts of the furniture the Secretary and Mrs. Carson picked out.’” CNN.com also reported Carson was offered to repair the chairs that were once there for $1,100. But no, Carson wanted the glamour, “Carson referenced this concern in his statement released earlier this month. The furniture, he said, was ‘characterized as unsafe’ and was ‘beyond repair and needed to be replaced.’” Unsafe? Like the despicable public housing Americans are living in that Carson believes make low-income people “too comfortable.”
A quote for the dining room furniture reportedly came in at $24,666, which is well over the $5,000 that was allowed (not just for dinning room furniture, but for all office renovations for Secretary Carson) and the reason why Helen Foster filed a lawsuit — she was allegedly demoted when she refused to approve the extravagant furniture. However, the dining room ended up costing even more. Says CNN.com, “Four months later, receipts show HUD moved forward with the purchase. The final bill came to nearly $7,000 more than the August quote, due to delivery and installation charges, as well as a small price increase for the upholstered chairs.” Yep, King Carson needed his chairs upholstered. Don’t forget this is just the price for office dining room furniture — allegedly, there were nearly $200,000 in office renovations.
How will Carson spin this? Blame it on the mainstream media or once again use the Bible to explain his corruption and scandals?
- Man Inappropriately Touched By Cop During Abusive Stop-And-Frisk In Washington D.C., Lawsuit Says
- 4 Men Are Indicted For The Murder Of XXXTentacion
- Women React To Faith Evans Admitting She Ate Biggie’s Booty
- T.I. Tells What All Of His Kids Are Up To [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- McClure Twins’ Biological Dad Tells His Side After Mom Claims He Is A Deadbeat [VIDEO]
- 911 Call Of White Man Who Called Cops Because He Was “Fouled Too Hard” Playing Basketball [AUDIO]
- Why Stevie J & Faith Evans’ Marriage Is So Surprising [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Prank Call: Bernice Jenkins Ready To Slap A Woman Over Her Grandbaby [EXCLUSIVE]
- Why Karlie Redd In Keeping Her Fiancé Under Wraps [EXCLUSIVE]
- Why Jay-Z Is Not Feeing The Mayor Of Philadelphia [EXCLUSIVE]
Famous, Black, & Republican
1. Donnie McClurkin is a registered Republican.Source:PR 1 of 16
2. Condoleezza Rice is a registered Republican.Source:PR 2 of 16
3. Colin Powell served as U.S. Secretary of State under President George W. Bush.Source:PR 3 of 16
4. Stacey Dash supported Mitt Romney.Source:YouTube Screenshot 4 of 16
5. Zora Neale Hurston was a supporter of the Republican Party for much of her life.Source:Getty 5 of 16
6. 50 Cent is a registered Republican.Source:PR 6 of 16
7. Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is a registered Republican.Source:The Rock Instagram 7 of 16
8. “Divorce Court” judge, Lynn Toler, is Black and Republican.Source:PR 8 of 16
9. Jimmie “JJ” Walker is a registered Republican.Source:PR 9 of 16
10. Sheryl Underwood is a registered Republican.Source:PR 10 of 16
11. Don King is a registered Republican.Source:PR 11 of 16
12. Karl Malone is a registered Republican.Source:PR 12 of 16
13. Bishop T.D. Jakes is a registered Republican.Source:AP 13 of 16
14. Joseph C. Phillips is a registered Republican.Source:Screenshot 14 of 16
15. Wilt Chamberlain is a registered Republican.Source:AP 15 of 16
16. Greg Anthony supports Mitt Romney.Source:PR 16 of 16
Ben Carson And His Wife Caught In A Lie About $31,000 Worth of Dining Room Furniture was originally published on newsone.com