“This morning we were granted a temporary restraining order against singer Trey Songz on behalf of our client, a woman who alleges that he punched her in the face with a closed fist, choked her, knocked her to the ground and threw away both of her phones so that she could not call for help, on February 17, 2018 in Hollywood,” attorney Lisa Bloom told Page Six in a statement Tuesday evening.
“After the incident my client went to the hospital, where she was diagnosed with a concussion and multiple contusions, and filed a police report. She has a number of photos of bruises all over her body. We are actively cooperating with the authorities in Los Angeles as well as Detroit, where Mr. Songz reportedly is currently on probation for assaulting a police officer,” she continued.
Bloom said that a hearing on a permanent restraining order has been set for later this month where the alleged victim will testify.
“There’s no excuse for violence against women. It must stop,” Bloom wrote on Twitter confirming that the restraining order had been granted.
Meanwhile, Songz’s attorney, Shawn Holley, has previously stated that the singer has not interacted with the accuser since the alleged incident in February.
“Trey has not spoken with [her] nor has he attempted to speak with her since the night of the gathering,” she said.
- Michelle Williams Claps Back At Man Telling Her She Needs To Have Kids
- Jeff Johnson Breaks Down Joe Biden’s Diverse Cabinet [WATCH]
- Sean Paul Says Jay-Z Wasn’t Comfortable With Him Around Beyoncé After “Baby Boy” Success
- Counselor Yunetta Spring Dismisses Myths About Meditation [WATCH]
- Meagan Good Contemplates Motherhood & Society’s Timeline On Life And Love
- Wendy Williams Responds To Her Brother’s Comments About Her Not Attending Her Mother’s Funeral
- Everything You Need To Know About The CROWN Act
- Ciera Payton Shares What Surprised Her The Most About Wendy Williams’ Story [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]
- NFL Co-Opts MLK’s Quote About ‘Injustice Anywhere’ After Blacklisting Kaepernick For Protesting Police Violence
- How Kamala Harris’ Style Will Set The Tone Of Her Vice Presidency
Trey Songz’s Alleged Assault Victim Granted Restraining Order was originally published on blackamericaweb.com