Dwyane Wade reportedly became emotional after learning that one of the students who was killed during the February 14 shooting Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School was buried wearing his jersey.
“You really can’t put that in words. You hurt for the family,” Wade told reporters after finding out Joaquin Oliver was laid to rest in a replica Wade jersey. Saying “If you ever get the opportunity to speak to them, you just try to hope the time where he was alive that you were able to bring some type of joy to his life and something memorable. A story that his family and you guys can talk about.”
On Monday, he expanded a little upon that tweet. “Like I said, I retweeted on Twitter, you’re going to make me cry. It’s emotional even thinking about that, that his parents felt that, buried him in my jersey was something that he wanted,” he explained. “I take pride in what I’ve done in this state and what I’ve meant for the youth. I appreciate it.”
Parkland is approximately 50 miles outside of Miami, the city where Wade won 3 NBA Championships.
- Rickey Smiley Reveals Details Of “Standing Ovation” For His Late Son, Brandon
- The Hot Spot: How Will Ticketmaster Handle Demand Overload For Beyoncé Tickets [WATCH]
- Beyond Just Finances: More Ways You Can Support Black-Owned Businesses [WATCH]
- What Is Your Limit? Beyoncé Fans Willing To Risk It All Financially After Tour Announcement [WATCH]
- Savannah James Is Absolutely Serving In Latest Photos
- Omega Psi Phi Revokes Membership Of Three Officers Involved In Tyre Nichols’ Death
- Lizzo Reveals Her First Wax Figure Before It Arrives At Madame Tussauds
- Understanding The Impact Black History Has Made Globally [WATCH]
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Falsely Claims CRT Teaches Racism And 1 Illinois School Got $5.1B To Spend On Diversity
- AOC Rips GOP’s ‘Racism’ After Ilhan Omar Removed From Committee By House Republicans ‘Targeting Women Of Color’
Dwyane Wade Reacts To Parkland Victim Being Buried In His Jersey was originally published on globalgrind.com