Rapper Speech, from the progressive hip-hop group Arrested Development, posted a meme criticizing major figures in hip-hop. The image includes a slew of the culture’s most successful men, including T.I., Diddy, Jay-Z and more. The meme criticized the “so-called ‘successful’ black men” men for getting rich off of perpetuating harmful black stereotypes. But when Raven-Symoné reposted it on her Instagram, she received much of the internet’s ire.
Raven got a clapback from T.I. and Trey Songz, but Speech, who actually composed the original post, didn’t get much flack. Meanwhile, the men in the photo have since given back to their communities in major ways, while the same can’t exactly be said about Speech. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from 3 Things You Should Know on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Did Jussie Smollett Stage His Own Attack?
- Dave Chappelle Personally Delivers Show Tickets To Couple Hit With Scam
- 50 Cent Tells Teairra Mari To Pay Up $30K, Gets Called Rat In Response
- Chicago Police Arrest 2 Black Men Suspected In Jussie Smollett Attack
- ‘Fortnite’ Lawsuits Looking Shaky: Copyright Office Says Nah To Alfonso Ribeiro Registering “Carlton Dance”
- Baltimore County Judge Overturns Korryn Gaines $38 Million Settlement
- West Virginia Official Who Called Michelle Obama ‘An Ape In Heels’ Faces 30 Years In Prison For FEMA Fraud
- Gary’s Tea: Gucci Mane Puts 60-Carat Diamond Ring On Keyshia Ka’oir Finger, Wendy Williams Staff Allegedly Happier That She’s Gone & More [VIDEO]
- Report: Kaepernick, NFL Resolve Collusion Case
- Deion Sanders And Tracey Edmonds Get Engaged!