Rapper Speech, from the progressive hip-hop group Arrested Development, posted a meme criticizing major figures in hip-hop. The image includes a slew of the culture’s most successful men, including T.I., Diddy, Jay-Z and more. The meme criticized the “so-called ‘successful’ black men” men for getting rich off of perpetuating harmful black stereotypes. But when Raven-Symoné reposted it on her Instagram, she received much of the internet’s ire.
Raven got a clapback from T.I. and Trey Songz, but Speech, who actually composed the original post, didn’t get much flack. Meanwhile, the men in the photo have since given back to their communities in major ways, while the same can’t exactly be said about Speech. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from 3 Things You Should Know on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Crystal Smith Responds To Viral Tweet About Ne-Yo’s Ex, Monyetta Shaw
- Rock-T Gives An Update On Tiger Woods’ Car Crash Injuries [WATCH]
- Front Page News: Here’s What You Need To Know About The New Coronavirus Bill [WATCH]
- Baton Rouge Police Under Investigation After Video Shows Officer Choking A 13-Year-Old Black Boy
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s “Age Ain’t Nothing But A Number” Featuring Tank
- Here’s How Maxine Waters Feels About “W.A.P.” With Megan Thee Stallion
- Kandi Burruss Speaks On Kenya Moore’s Behavior After #Strippergate
- K. Michelle Addresses Her Butt Falling Out Of Place On IG Live
- “I Don’t Give A Sh*t” Syleena Johnson Shares Her Thoughts On Kim And Kanye’s Divorce
- The History Of Black Sci-Fi & Horror Films