Rapper Speech, from the progressive hip-hop group Arrested Development, posted a meme criticizing major figures in hip-hop. The image includes a slew of the culture’s most successful men, including T.I., Diddy, Jay-Z and more. The meme criticized the “so-called ‘successful’ black men” men for getting rich off of perpetuating harmful black stereotypes. But when Raven-Symoné reposted it on her Instagram, she received much of the internet’s ire.
Raven got a clapback from T.I. and Trey Songz, but Speech, who actually composed the original post, didn’t get much flack. Meanwhile, the men in the photo have since given back to their communities in major ways, while the same can’t exactly be said about Speech. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from 3 Things You Should Know on “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show.”
Listen to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE every weekday from 6/5am C.
- Kim Kardashian Shares Sweetest Photo Of Sons Saint & Psalm
- Kamala Harris Proposes Investing $1B To End Nationwide Rape Kit Backlog
- Mother Of Nipsey’s Daughter Says Family Has Stopped Taking Care Of Her Since His Passing
- Serena Williams Vows To Never Stop Fighting For Equality No Matter What Her Critics Say
- Melyssa Ford Says She Contemplated Suicide After Car Accident
- Cardi B Explains Why She Won’t Go On A Headlining Tour
- Founder Of Louisiana African-American Museum Found Dead In Trunk Of Car
- Patti LaBelle Partners With Walmart For Frozen Soul Food Line
- Boxing Legend Pernell “Sweet Pea” Whitaker Killed In Virginia Beach
- R. Kelly’s Ex-Employees Handed Over 20 Underage Sex Tapes To Feds