Adidas released a new ad for their Predator cleats, which features French soccer player Paul Pogba. The ad is Paul’s face with “Predator” at the bottom — there are no shoes in the ad. CNN commentator Angela Rye is calling out the ad for being irresponsible, writing on Instagram, “Do you understand that PREDATOR has a negative connotation particularly when we are talking about the perception of Black people in the world? This is irresponsible and NOT well thought out.” See below:
There is also a video version of the ad, which does feature the shoes:
Some folks didn’t seem to see an issue with the ad:
Considering the uproar over the disgusting H&M ad, there might be some backlash over the Adidas ad. Above all, marketing and advertising teams do need people of color at the table.
- Deion Sanders Leaves Jackson State For University of Colorado, Did He Sell Out The Culture? [WATCH]
- Gary’s Tea: Who Is Keke Palmer’s Baby Daddy?! + Are Taye Diggs & Apryl Jones Engaged?! [WATCH]
- Did Taye Diggs & Apryl Jones Get Engaged?!
- Fantasia Hits The Stage In A Custom Blue Jumpsuit
- Keke Palmer reveals baby bump on Saturday Night Live
- Lori Harvey Trends After Wearing A Denim Burberry Ensemble
- Op-Ed: They Won’t Keep Us From The Polls This Runoff
- AIDS Memorial Quilt Makes Its Way To Alabama
- Charles Barkley Calls Kevin Durant “Insecure,” The Brooklyn Nets Star Calls Him A Clown On Twitter
- Porsha Williams And Shamea Morton Sing The National Anthem At The Hawks Game